Davbell22602 first Electolysis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That surrounding loop conductor makes a huge difference! :High 5:

Yes it did, and it accomplished 2 things that I got to thinking about after doing the head the first time, the license plate bracket and observing the process and seeing where the bubbles come from. I figured more metal mass will be better. Then when I figured out the line of sight cleaning, I figured I could accomplish both. More metal mass and have the steel in the line of site to the head on at least 3 sides so it would clean 3 sides at once. Then it turned into the loop and gave me all 4 sides. It worked great. And cuz its such a bigger mass, I didn't even clean it one time in 8 hours and my amperage guage didn't even drop from start to finish. Cuz it was surrounded on all 4 sides, I didn't need to rotate the head either. That steel has been laying out behind my shed since I moved here in 1999. Glad to have found such a great use for it.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Unbelievable. Dave, you are making progress, and it is a great sight. I am just amazed at how the size of the postive charged piece of metal makes such a difference between you and HR's projects here. Amperage doesn't mean **** if there isn't enough metal to take that current and spread it through the vortex. HR nailed the coffin shut with that "Halo" shaped conducter he made. The answer is right there. So make one of your own, and make it happen hoss. It also seems that if you take the approach to surround the test item with a positive energy field and focus the negative conductor at the center of the experiment, it makes every thing sync so nicely. Good job to both yinz!!! :High 5:

I think it does cause I think found that other battery charger just isn't big enough amps for doing this process. Remember now I already tried it on with the mower blade and it do crap. Except this time I made better ground on the intake and the mower blade where it the positive is clamped to also.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Yep, I'll agree totally, and yours was certainly beneficial too Dave. Its shows that the size of your metal does make a difference. Yours is working, cuz I can tell by the water, and I see some of the rust floating, so that says its working.
So how about this?? Do you by any chance have a thicker stick of rebar? Say about 4 or 5 ft long? You can use a cheater pipe slip over it make bends in it and make you at least an L out of it, and maybe even a U. The more sides you have surrounded, the better it will work. I was going to do a U today, then got this wild hair, I'm going all out, and this U fits a little tight in the tub, so if I bend the ends in, I'll have more room to adjust. Then when I got the pipe wrench and used it as a sharp bending tool, I realized, WTH, I'm gonna make complete loop and join it by the stem to clamp the positive too, and also make it a leg. I have full intent now that I know that works, I'm going to drill those holes and put 2 legs on my loop, so it'll be a 3 legged loop.

Nope no 4-5ft long rebar. I do now where at the junkyard is one of those "h" shaped rebars thats about 1in diameter thickness and like 3-3 1/2 feet tall. Plus if I did I have to get a bigger container anyways so it wouldn't touch. This container is little too small at the bottom cause the intake wont lay completely flat.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nope no 4-5ft long rebar. I do now where at the junkyard is one of those "h" shaped rebars thats about 1in diameter thickness and like 3-3 1/2 feet tall. Plus if I did I have to get a bigger container anyways so it wouldn't touch. This container is little too small at the bottom cause the intake wont lay completely flat.

Yeah, your container is to small too since you can't put metal around it or on 2 sides of it. That tub I am using, is close to double the size of yours. It was at the shop not being used and when I seen it, I thought I got the perfect use for that.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Yeah, your container is to small too since you can't put metal around it or on 2 sides of it. That tub I am using, is close to double the size of yours. It was at the shop not being used and when I seen it, I thought I got the perfect use for that.

It be great for a rusty head if I ever came across one that needed cleaned. I got room on the other side if I can find another junk mower blade. Maybe tractor supply has plastic tub big enough for the intake. Wlamart had them but it was either not wide enough to lay the intake flat or the container was too long but had the width. I was worried about having too much room for more than needed water.

So what happens if you add too much washing soda? Say a extra 2-3 tablespoons?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I doubt anythng will happen with a few extra spoonfulls, at worst your wasting the Washing Soda but its cheap enough, I don't think I'd worry about that.

Sounds like you need to find you a poly 55 gallon drum and cut it down to make a tub out of . That one I cut up for the block, only cost me $3 and I had to clean it out before use.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I doubt anythng will happen with a few extra spoonfulls, at worst your wasting the Washing Soda but its cheap enough, I don't think I'd worry about that.

Sounds like you need to find you a poly 55 gallon drum and cut it down to make a tub out of . That one I cut up for the block, only cost me $3 and I had to clean it out before use.

I did find a 25 round gallon tub at tractor supply website but dont know its big and round enough. So how do think the intake would do standing up on the one end in poly drum. I got a blue where the top is already cut off but would have to stand the intake up on the one end instead of laying flat.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I did find a 25 round gallon tub at tractor supply website but dont know its big and round enough. So how do think the intake would do standing up on the one end in poly drum. I got a blue where the top is already cut off but would have to stand the intake up on the one end instead of laying flat.

I actually think it would do better standing up on edge Dave. Do you have a bolt hole on front of the intake for anything? I'd hang it from a chain to make sure it didn't fall over one way or another. Just lay something flat across the top of the drum, 2x4, shovel handle or whatever. Actually hang the intake from the cross piece, then you can use the chain to clamp your charger lead to.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I actually think it would do better standing up on edge Dave. Do you have a bolt hole on front of the intake for anything? I'd hang it from a chain to make sure it didn't fall over one way or another. Just lay something flat across the top of the drum, 2x4, shovel handle or whatever. Actually hang the intake from the cross piece, then you can use the chain to clamp your charger lead to.

I got the two holes where the intake bolts go on the back. Or in the front I got the big distributor hole on the intake. So does the ground have to be in the middle of the intake?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I got the two holes where the intake bolts go on the back. Or in the front I got the big distributor hole on the intake. So does the ground have to be in the middle of the intake?

It does not have to be in the middle. So if you ran a bolt thru a chain into the dizzy mount hole of the intake and snugged it up tight to the chain, hang from something going across the top of the drum, then you can clamp your negative lead to the chain just above the water.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
It does not have to be in the middle. So if you ran a bolt thru a chain into the dizzy mount hole of the intake and snugged it up tight to the chain, hang from something going across the top of the drum, then you can clamp your negative lead to the chain just above the water.

Ok, I see what you mean now. Will try that over the weekend. Gonna be rainy this afternoon here.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I decided to stop the process in the tub and going to get a plastic drum tomorrow. HRPC suggested it would do better standing up on one end than laying down so I'll try that tomorrow or sunday after get setup going that will clean it on more than one side.

Here's pictures of it looks like and what area got cleaned and what area didnt get cleaned. The mower blade was dirty.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That's at least starting to look much better man :waytogo:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
**** yeah man!! :High 5:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Yes it did, and it accomplished 2 things that I got to thinking about after doing the head the first time, the license plate bracket and observing the process and seeing where the bubbles come from. I figured more metal mass will be better. Then when I figured out the line of sight cleaning, I figured I could accomplish both. More metal mass and have the steel in the line of site to the head on at least 3 sides so it would clean 3 sides at once. Then it turned into the loop and gave me all 4 sides. It worked great. And cuz its such a bigger mass, I didn't even clean it one time in 8 hours and my amperage guage didn't even drop from start to finish. Cuz it was surrounded on all 4 sides, I didn't need to rotate the head either. That steel has been laying out behind my shed since I moved here in 1999. Glad to have found such a great use for it.

REALLY? I could have sworn I suggested to use 4 pieces of sheetmeatl to surround the entire part, I guess nobody read that huh, GEE If you fuckers would actually READ ALL the POSTS and quit scanning you would have maybe tried that awhile ago.

BTW DAVE If you cant get your old charger to do it then send it to me and I bet you I can get it to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BSims