Why doesn't anyone use the Chevy "Connect & Cruise" packages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
The biggest issue with the connect and cruise kit is that the GM ECU used in it has no aftermarket support or tunability. So if you change anything in the future, it is completely locked out. Factory ECU's can be tuned easily with HP tuners or EFIlive
Nawwwwww
once upon a time that was the case,

Knot-Kno-Mo
You must be registered for see images attach

:bleh:

Side note, did you message me recently to make sure i wasnt dead? Someone from oregon did

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's how I'm doing my next build. When I find a clean 89-91 K5, I'm dropping it off at Danny's (aka the Count) in Vegas, telling them to install an LS3 Connect and Cruise package, paint it and call me when it's done. I have done the "One piece at a time, didn't cost me a dime" approach. Too old to do it twice.
I gave up on that guy when he painted the bumpers on a 67 GTO.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Nawwwwww
once upon a time that was the case,

Knot-Kno-Mo
You must be registered for see images attach

:bleh:

Side note, did you message me recently to make sure i wasnt dead? Someone from oregon did
huh... I wonder how much adjustment you actually have with that. They want 6 credits to license them, so that's $300 in credits on top of the $400 price to buy the MPVI3 that you would need. They must figure if you are willing to spend $16k for the engine/trans then you won't blink at $700 to tune it.

I might have messaged you? Hard to remember... but I'm glad to see you back on here!

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I think I got a deal in the works for an ‘07 Escalade with the L92 for cheap, has a rear main leak and the cats are no good. Seller is responsible for smog in CA unless it’s non operational. CARB approved Y pipe and cats is $2K and the shop estimate for rear seal is 12 hours. Repair would cost more than the vehicle is worth…
If it has the L92, then it would be an 07.5 with a 6L80. It takes me about 4 hours to get the trans out now that I know what to do and everything is not frozen together, so 12 book hours sounds about right.

Are you thinking you will be trying to swap that into your 80' K10? You should probably do a search on both VIN's and make sure they are in the same vehicle category before pulling the trigger on that if so.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If i ever have $60k budget im taking a car to martin bros customs.

If I ever have a 60k budget, I'll just take a bunch of time off work and build it myself.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
If it has the L92, then it would be an 07.5 with a 6L80. It takes me about 4 hours to get the trans out now that I know what to do and everything is not frozen together, so 12 book hours sounds about right.

Are you thinking you will be trying to swap that into your 80' K10? You should probably do a search on both VIN's and make sure they are in the same vehicle category before pulling the trigger on that if so.
It’s going in a ‘71 Jaguar XJ-6 if I get it, so no smog concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BAmbrose