opinions on my LS swap setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Your truck has a combination valve left front under the fan shroud. But if you are having a problem with 1 wheel on the rear axle,the problem is at the rear axle, I side is gummed up,frozen,blocked or not adjusted. There is only 1 line supplying the rear so if you had too much or too little pressure it would be at both wheels,not 1 wheel.

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
ok guys, found a problem i cant seem to figure out. when driving and i barely touch the brakes the passenger rear wheel completely locks up. my truck was originally a manual brakes and i installed a vacuum assist power brake booster and master from an 87 K5 blazer that i had access to for parts. did i miss a proportioning valve or something? also i will mention that i put a 1 way check valve in the vacuum line from the back of the intake too. just a random VW part that i had laying around that fit and seemed to work.
Did you get the brake pedal? Probably different pin position on power vs. Non power pedal. Stroke at the master will be wrong.

vwnut8392

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0L LS
Did you get the brake pedal? Probably different pin position on power vs. Non power pedal. Stroke at the master will be wrong.
i used whatever brake pedal came with the ones that i got when i converted the truck to manual pedals. the pad on the pedal says power brakes.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
i used whatever brake pedal came with the ones that i got when i converted the truck to manual pedals. the pad on the pedal says power brakes.
We're the pedals from a hydroboost car or vacuum brake car. Again different pedal stroke due to different pushrod pin placement.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
yes, pedal ratio is VERY important to a properly working brake system.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Does your truck have a working brake warning light? Is it on?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy