What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’ve been meaning to get to the grille. It’s been haggard since I’ve owned it, the factory tape on the blue divider stripe has been cracked and deteriorating, and the surrounding trim has been dented and dinged up.

The trim from Classic Industries showed up (they were the only ones with all four pieces in stock) and it happened that I was out on standby for work today. I had some leftover Argent Silver from the wheels and I had run across some Blue Metallic earlier this week that I deemed close enough.

While the phone continued to not ring, I ended up respraying the grille and headlight trim, the blue divider stripe, and put on the trim. It ain’t perfect since the PO clearly had some “misadventures” with minor front fender lip involvement (nothing noticeable without staring at it for a while) but some twisting, bending and “hand palm adjustment “ of the cheap trim, it didn’t end up too bad…good enough for who it’s for anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Had to reposition the front cross member. I was talking to a guy at work about the rear coilovers. I had mine at a 30 degree angle, or maybe they were 60 degree anyways. He suggested I make them as close to a 90 degree as possible. He said they will preform better. I had to drill new holes in the upper mount. Weld in some round stock. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Little before and after shots...

Attachments

• 20240721_162140.jpg
    20240721_162140.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240808_171612.jpg
    20240808_171612.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240808_171624.jpg
    20240808_171624.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 23

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Showed up to the weekly cars and coffee today for the first time in this old work truck's career for no particular reason. All sorts of nice cars down the line. Guy with the blue square was super nice and had a cool rig to boot. Some dude with a 37' chevy made fun of the brush guard and long bed. :( Guess it's not normal to actually use a rig that qualifies for classic tags.
That dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Old hot rods to me are too cliche. I’ll bet he had, let me guess…fuzzy dice on his rear view mirror.

I’m biased of course, but even if it was an old Ford truck with a brush guard I’d much rather go talk to that owner because he would likely have a good story to tell.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I’ve been meaning to get to the grille. It’s been haggard since I’ve owned it, the factory tape on the blue divider stripe has been cracked and deteriorating, and the surrounding trim has been dented and dinged up.

The trim from Classic Industries showed up (they were the only ones with all four pieces in stock) and it happened that I was out on standby for work today. I had some leftover Argent Silver from the wheels and I had run across some Blue Metallic earlier this week that I deemed close enough.

While the phone continued to not ring, I ended up respraying the grille and headlight trim, the blue divider stripe, and put on the trim. It ain’t perfect since the PO clearly had some “misadventures” with minor front fender lip involvement (nothing noticeable without staring at it for a while) but some twisting, bending and “hand palm adjustment “ of the cheap trim, it didn’t end up too bad…good enough for who it’s for anyway.

Got a question for you: is the wide trim with the color band the same for 83-84 and 85-87? Cause the ones I have, are "marked" as 83-84 but they look like what you just put on your truck. I know 83-84 have the matching pieces for the headlight bezels, that the later ones don't use....

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Showed up to the weekly cars and coffee today for the first time in this old work truck's career for no particular reason. All sorts of nice cars down the line. Guy with the blue square was super nice and had a cool rig to boot. Some dude with a 37' chevy made fun of the brush guard and long bed. :( Guess it's not normal to actually use a rig that qualifies for classic tags.
Most of the guys with the really custom rigs have never lifted a wrench. Some maybe, but most pay for what they have. Did he drive his trailer queen to the meet?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got a question for you: is the wide trim with the color band the same for 83-84 and 85-87? Cause the ones I have, are "marked" as 83-84 but they look like what you just put on your truck. I know 83-84 have the matching pieces for the headlight bezels, that the later ones don't use....

The '83-'84 trim is narrower. I don't recall how much narrower... maybe 1/2" or so.

perky

Reaction score
First Name
Perky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
V8
Man F that guy. You do you. That is the whole culture of hotrods, and custom cars. There are purest that do 100% factory rebuilds. That's not my thing, but I can still appreciate the work. What a a$$ clown for down grading someone else pride and joy.
Totally didn't get it, but these are the gated community paid restoration guys, sooooo... Personally I'd welcome a new guy if I saw him, not slide less-than-subtle digs in.

perky

Reaction score
First Name
Perky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
V8
That dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Old hot rods to me are too cliche. I’ll bet he had, let me guess…fuzzy dice on his rear view mirror.

I’m biased of course, but even if it was an old Ford truck with a brush guard I’d much rather go talk to that owner because he would likely have a good story to tell.
Mr. Paid restoration had a very perfect bland truck, which he quickly directed my attention to post disapproving look at my rig. For some reason I gravitate towards the cars that can be driven as intended without worry, so tough cars appeal to me.

perky

Reaction score
First Name
Perky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
V8
Most of the guys with the really custom rigs have never lifted a wrench. Some maybe, but most pay for what they have. Did he drive his trailer queen to the meet?
Shockingly he did, but it was absolutely a paid restoration. Talked about how only people with money or who inherited can own good classics... lol

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Man F that guy. You do you. That is the whole culture of hotrods, and custom cars. There are purest that do 100% factory rebuilds. That's not my thing, but I can still appreciate the work. What a a$$ clown for down grading someone else pride and joy.
Agreed. I like them all (well, 99% anyway) and I'm certainly not gonna put down someone else's ride.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That’s a good question- but I wouldn’t know. Actually mine is an ‘81, someone put on an 85-87 grille.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Russo