What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Installed a carb heat shield today and noticed some info cast into the intake manifold. “Say Why-And” and a part number, WCPSQ. Thought the pronunciation tutorial cast into the manifold was funny, and afterwords tried to look up info on the manifold by the Weiand part number. No hits, nothing. So called Weiand (now part of Holley) to see what I could find out. First 2 folks could find nothing. Then the second one said hold on and he would check with a couple of old timers. After a few minutes he came back and said the manifold is a dual plane manifold for square port big block Chevy engines and dates back to the late 60s. He said it was a great manifold and would be perfect for a vintage hot rod or muscle car. Neat info, glad I called!

You must be registered for see images attach

I'll go out on a limb and say that old speed parts were usually way cooler than today's parts.

perky

Reaction score
First Name
Perky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
V8
Showed up to the weekly cars and coffee today for the first time in this old work truck's career for no particular reason. All sorts of nice cars down the line. Guy with the blue square was super nice and had a cool rig to boot. Some dude with a 37' chevy made fun of the brush guard and long bed. :( Guess it's not normal to actually use a rig that qualifies for classic tags.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Showed up to the weekly cars and coffee today for the first time in this old work truck's career for no particular reason. All sorts of nice cars down the line. Guy with the blue square was super nice and had a cool rig to boot. Some dude with a 37' chevy made fun of the brush guard and long bed. :( Guess it's not normal to actually use a rig that qualifies for classic tags.
That Brush guard is protecting your baby. FO

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, k30, k20, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Brush guard is period correct and looks good. Long beds are wayyy better than shortbeds. I'd take a long bed over a shortbed every single time.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Installed a carb heat shield today and noticed some info cast into the intake manifold. “Say Why-And” and a part number, WCPSQ. Thought the pronunciation tutorial cast into the manifold was funny, and afterwords tried to look up info on the manifold by the Weiand part number. No hits, nothing. So called Weiand (now part of Holley) to see what I could find out. First 2 folks could find nothing. Then the second one said hold on and he would check with a couple of old timers. After a few minutes he came back and said the manifold is a dual plane manifold for square port big block Chevy engines and dates back to the late 60s. He said it was a great manifold and would be perfect for a vintage hot rod or muscle car. Neat info, glad I called!

I've always wondered how it's "supposed" to be pronounced, now I know lol

perky

Reaction score
First Name
Perky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
V8
Brush guard is period correct and looks good. Long beds are wayyy better than shortbeds. I'd take a long bed over a shortbed every single time.
Oh I absolutely agree. This thing is still a utility rig just as much as it was 20 years ago. Short beds are laughable in my eyes, I've got a truck to use for truck things.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
I've always wondered how it's "supposed" to be pronounced, now I know lol
Discovered I had been saying it wrong: “We-And” instead of “Why-And. Shame on me. Weiand must have gotten real tired of people mispronouncing their name to actually cast the correct way into their manifolds. :D

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Decided to share anyway. Installed a biometric/combo gun safe bolted to the base of the center console. Came out well and hidden under the cup holders, but easily accessible. For when I decide to not carry it.

Attachments

• safe4.jpg
    safe4.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 24
  • safe3.jpg
    safe3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 19
  • safe2.jpg
    safe2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 19
  • safe.jpg
    safe.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 20
  • center.jpg
    center.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 17

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Long beds are wayyy better than shortbeds. I'd take a long bed over a shortbed every single time.

I had a stepside longbed trailer and I made the mistake of selling it. It's hard to find a longbed trailer, much less one that's a stepside. Six foot trailers should be illegal.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, k30, k20, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I had a stepside longbed trailer and I made the mistake of selling it. It's hard to find a longbed trailer, much less one that's a stepside. Six foot trailers should be illegal.
That would be cool as a trailer for sure! Trucks need the spare tire and a couple of Jerry cans on the front bed steps to even it out though lol

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Man F that guy. You do you. That is the whole culture of hotrods, and custom cars. There are purest that do 100% factory rebuilds. That's not my thing, but I can still appreciate the work. What a a$$ clown for down grading someone else pride and joy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy