What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Continuing on with checking everything over since the rain came in and the road trip is coming up soon.

After replacing the failed grease gun that was only a year old (what’s up with that? My dad had the same one for 40 years!), I greased all the front end/u-joint, and checked all the torque on the suspension bolts. I also adjusted the passenger side exhaust away from the transmission crossmember since it was occasionally rattling. Other than that, I’ve been binge watching VGG, Roadkill and Roadkill Garage while the wife and kid is out of town. Napping, and taking cruises on my days off until I head back to work the day after tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
Got the Blazers alignment dialed in as it wanted to wander and not track straight. Much better tracking now.

Alignment shops always remind me of a note written on the wall by a shop phone many years ago. "Ford truck be goin down road waddlin like a fat duck"

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Had the motor mounts replaced yesterday. He called to tell me it's ready. Then said hey bro it's bleeding underneath it. I told him I knew that. He asked if I wanted him to find them and give me an estimate on fixing the leaks. I said sure.

Called back this morning and told me it was oil pan gasket, valve covers gaskets, rear main seal, transmission pan gasket, transmission tail end gasket and something else on the transmission was leaking that I can't remember. Then said 3,200 to fix all of them. Wow it's a lot of work but I told him no ill fix the ones I can but not the rear main seal. I'll end up probably replacing the 305 with a 350 at some point for less than that. Meanwhile I'll just keep adding oil as needed until that time. So a least I have a list and can get to the ones I can do myself. Lol

It's gonna be nice to nit having it shaking while in gear anymore tho. Lol

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Had the motor mounts replaced yesterday. He called to tell me it's ready. Then said hey bro it's bleeding underneath it. I told him I knew that. He asked if I wanted him to find them and give me an estimate on fixing the leaks. I said sure.

Called back this morning and told me it was oil pan gasket, valve covers gaskets, rear main seal, transmission pan gasket, transmission tail end gasket and something else on the transmission was leaking that I can't remember. Then said 3,200 to fix all of them. Wow it's a lot of work but I told him no ill fix the ones I can but not the rear main seal. I'll end up probably replacing the 305 with a 350 at some point for less than that. Meanwhile I'll just keep adding oil as needed until that time. So a least I have a list and can get to the ones I can do myself. Lol

It's gonna be nice to nit having it shaking while in gear anymore tho. Lol
I've found that oil spray coming out the back discourages tailgating. I had a 64 triumph MC that leaked like a sieve.

Last edited:

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
Changed the engine oil and filter in the Blazer. Also changed the transmission filter and replaced the old steering stabilizer. All the old fluids looked great and saw no metal in the trans pan or on the engine drain plug.

Next up as far as maintenance items is changing the fluids in the transfer case and front and rear differentials.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Changed the engine oil and filter in the Blazer. Also changed the transmission filter and replaced the old steering stabilizer. All the old fluids looked great and saw no metal in the trans pan or on the engine drain plug.

Next up as far as maintenance items is changing the fluids in the transfer case and front and rear differentials.

That blazer is ridiculously nice! Love that truck!

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
Reconnecting fuel return line. Don't know if this access panel is factory but DAMN it makes this job a breeze!

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
Installed a carb heat shield today and noticed some info cast into the intake manifold. “Say Why-And” and a part number, WCPSQ. Thought the pronunciation tutorial cast into the manifold was funny, and afterwords tried to look up info on the manifold by the Weiand part number. No hits, nothing. So called Weiand (now part of Holley) to see what I could find out. First 2 folks could find nothing. Then the second one said hold on and he would check with a couple of old timers. After a few minutes he came back and said the manifold is a dual plane manifold for square port big block Chevy engines and dates back to the late 60s. He said it was a great manifold and would be perfect for a vintage hot rod or muscle car. Neat info, glad I called!

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Installed a carb heat shield today and noticed some info cast into the intake manifold. “Say Why-And” and a part number, WCPSQ. Thought the pronunciation tutorial cast into the manifold was funny, and afterwords tried to look up info on the manifold by the Weiand part number. No hits, nothing. So called Weiand (now part of Holley) to see what I could find out. First 2 folks could find nothing. Then the second one said hold on and he would check with a couple of old timers. After a few minutes he came back and said the manifold is a dual plane manifold for square port big block Chevy engines and dates back to the late 60s. He said it was a great manifold and would be perfect for a vintage hot rod or muscle car. Neat info, glad I called!

And the casting tells you how so pronounce the brand name? Somebody had fun with that...

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve

D@mnit that's cool!!! Just sayin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy