3 on the tree to sm465 conversion questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I am using new hardware. The old stuff that came off the crossmember was nasty and missing a bunch of pieces. I got all new bolts, nuts, and washers for the crossmember. I didn't get any bolts with the transmission so I got some grade 8 bolts like Bucket said earlier and they seemed to fit.
fit isnt the issue, the original bolts were longer on the crossmember to frame, and used a spacer on top of the bottom of the frame rail (with the bolt either going up or down into it, nut on the other side) because longer bolts are able to be tighter or something. Its only on the 4 crossmember to frame ones, the rest are fine

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
SPacers for the bolts, @bucket can tell you about them. are you using new hardware?

The 2wd crossmembers don't use that setup. There was a couple different designs, but they all used either extra bracing to the top of the rails and/or a side that wrapped up the side of the frame rail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottsdalee