What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I don’t know if LMC quality is good these days but if it’s average at best it’s probably better than OER. Which is a shame because the guys at Classic Industries/OER are typically more helpful than LMC.
Chuck, are you saying you think OER is poorer quality than non OER? I was planning to get money back from LMC and order the OER regulator from Classic Industries. Thoughts??? Feedback please...

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Chuck, are you saying you think OER is poorer quality than non OER? I was planning to get money back from LMC and order the OER regulator from Classic Industries. Thoughts??? Feedback please...
I think in general, OER is poorer quality than LMC, but I guess I was kinda asking if it looked kind of chintzy (the LMC stuff that was wrong), because OER won’t be any better.

Trim stuff I’ve ordered and small parts have been pretty cheap in appearance. Anything that has any plastic parts I’d be wary of- that said, if you do have a problem with it, they seem to stand by their product and are helpful. The people on the line at LMC seem to be less helpful from my experience.

How’s that for a confusing clarification? :anitoof:

Edit- if you do order something like lowering suspension components, OER seems to be ok.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I used a Dorman brand regulator...crank windows though so it may not be much help.
I thought about that for a minute since the motor is Doorman but I have already rolled the dice on an OER from Classic Industries. Sending the wrong year model back to LMC.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I thought about that for a minute since the motor is Doorman but I have already rolled the dice on an OER from Classic Industries. Sending the wrong year model back to LMC.
At the very least they’re good people. Let me know how it goes.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Drove my truck about 500 miles on Saturday to/from the Southern Illinois Truck Show in Marion, IL.
Got a shade over 18 miles to the gallon.
I am thrilled !!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Drove my truck about 500 miles on Saturday to/from the Southern Illinois Truck Show in Marion, IL.
Got a shade over 18 miles to the gallon.
I am thrilled !!
Did you get any pictures? If so, please post them for the enjoyment of those who didn't get to go.... thanks!

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Did you get any pictures? If so, please post them for the enjoyment of those who didn't get to go.... thanks!
Yessir, I got pics. Trucks there from as far as Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, San Diego, Washington state........
Fun show in a great area !
Watch for pics in "Check it out" area

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Yessir, I got pics. Trucks there from as far as Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, San Diego, Washington state........
Fun show in a great area !
Watch for pics in "Check it out" area
Cool thanks! I'm gonna go to it some year, it's a serious road trip from Houston, Texas. Gotta save up so I can afford to take some days off, and get the truck prepped and reliable. We have been to Austin and Lafayette in them, but the 5 hours to Lafayette is the longest run (and that was in the Burb, didn't have the CCLB yet).

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Cool thanks! I'm gonna go to it some year, it's a serious road trip from Houston, Texas. Gotta save up so I can afford to take some days off, and get the truck prepped and reliable. We have been to Austin and Lafayette in them, but the 5 hours to Lafayette is the longest run (and that was in the Burb, didn't have the CCLB yet).
I understand about that. Just a couple hundred miles more for you to go to Dino's in AZ. Some of us are trying to work on that trip for 2025.
1,600 miles one way for us.
If you're thinking about So. Ill. show, it's great around 400 or so trucks. Think about the Southeastern GM truck show in Lebanon, TN. About the same mileage from Houston.
Plus there's usually about 1,700 all GM trucks there. Awesome event.

mattsk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mine's a 350, 355 HP, 700R4 & 2.73 gear..........
Good for the highway at 70 - 75 MPH. Not as much fun at 45 MPH.
That's still pretty amazing mileage. Mine is a 350, about 400 hp, 700r4, but 4.10 gear with 33" tires and a 14b diff w/ a Detroit locker. just a theory I haven't looked into, but think the 14b diff eats mileage. Every 3/4 ton Chevy I own or owned never got better than 11 mpg avg. Even my 2005 w/ a 6.0 never gets better than 11.

I used to have a TH400 and got about 9 mpg. I was hoping for 11 on the highway when I put the 700r4 in. I get a smidge over 10 if I'm nice to it. But I can have a conversation with whoever is next to me on the highway now and couldn't with the th400 cuz exhaust roar.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Differential size absolutely plays into mileage.

With everything equal or the same, besides ring gear diameter, the larger unit will get worse mileage. Larger parts, more mass, more friction/contact area.

Which is great for strength, but not economy.

My friends k5, dyno’d with 10 bolt (4.56 gears) and then with the 14 bolt semi float we built (3.73 gears) dropped about 20hp at the wheels. Of course the ratio change plays into that too.

If you put a 10/12 bolt and a 14sf next to each other, the 14sf is significantly larger/beefier in all regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy