What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Ran wiring for the winch. Probably make a "Y" to run a pump to a 30 gallon tank for fresh water. All for deer season.

You must be registered for see images attach

mattsk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Gotta say I've never heard of a IM acting flaky. Either they worked or, they didn't.
Years ago I had an 87 Cougar do a similar thing. First time I've had a HEI do this too.

mattsk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I replaced my cheapo ignition module and put a delco one in. Took the cheapo one and threw it in the glove box.
The one I took out was an Accel, came with the distributor. I replaced it with an AC Delco.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Can you guys hear that?...
That's the sound of my truck running:rockit:
It was the stupid ignition module.

I changed mine, kept it, and have a new one in the glove box.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
So I got the connector switch wired in for drivers power window. Then old regulator is toast. New regulator was ordered on a whim because it was only $40 but it does not line up directly to the power motor mounts. I was looking in to slotting mount holes but now think I will attempt to return the aftermarket regulator to LMC and try a OEM regulator from Classic Industries and hope it ligns up correctly. I don't want to do this again in a month. I am betting on the original specs for the OEM actually lining up. Anyone have knowledge of OEM replacement regulators? I have only worked with my trucks original, that now does not work. Oh and of course the re-pop that is not made quite right.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I got the connector switch wired in for drivers power window. Then old regulator is toast. New regulator was ordered on a whim because it was only $40 but it does not line up directly to the power motor mounts. I was looking in to slotting mount holes but now think I will attempt to return the aftermarket regulator to LMC and try a OEM regulator from Classic Industries and hope it ligns up correctly. I don't want to do this again in a month. I am betting on the original specs for the OEM actually lining up. Anyone have knowledge of OEM replacement regulators? I have only worked with my trucks original, that now does not work. Oh and of course the re-pop that is not made quite right.
Man that’s frustrating.

mattsk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have some power doors but they're up at work. My doors are completely shot, but I kept them because they had all the power window stuff. I'd be glad to take pics or measurements for you but I won't be back there until Tuesday.

And while I'm posting I may as well vent a new frustration... I changed my fuel pump hoping that was my stalling issue, used a cheap, $30 pump from a Parts Plus store. Now my fuel pressure is only 3 psi :thumbsdown:. I'm going to drive it today because I'm lazy and I'm curious how it'll respond to that, but I'll be putting my old Carter M6626 fuel pump back on it. Good grief these new parts are junk.

Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Installed the new fog lights last weekend but this is the first time I've drove it at night to do a test run around the block. They're really Brite as I just had the parking lights on too. I was worried that they might fog up but we've had rain and no fogging yet. These are a good deal for the money.

1STLS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MIchael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Had the wife put a new seat cover on the 2 tones front seat. Had tried to order from Jegs but even though they state the color is charcoal, it's really gray and does not match the door panels and carpet.. This came from USA1

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
So it looks like LMC sent me a regulator for 77-81 not 82-87. I am calling customer service and sending back. Should I have them exchange and send the correct piece or order one from elsewhere that is OER and just get my money back from LMC? LMC does not claim OER.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So it looks like LMC sent me a regulator for 77-81 not 82-87. I am calling customer service and sending back. Should I have them exchange and send the correct piece or order one from elsewhere that is OER and just get my money back from LMC? LMC does not claim OER.
I don’t know if LMC quality is good these days but if it’s average at best it’s probably better than OER. Which is a shame because the guys at Classic Industries/OER are typically more helpful than LMC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brantley