What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattsk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Swore at it a lot. I have a Pro Systems carb that's been phenomenal for like 6 years. I don't have a choke at all but it's always been good after about 5 minutes. Fired it up this morning and it wouldn't idle, almost like a fuel injected car with a bad idle air control valve. Drove it about 20 minutes and it seems fine now, but I'm guessing the carb needs a good cleaning.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Put the second coat of paint on the 73-80 inner fenders. Probably get started on them when the rain officially hits for the fall.
You must be registered for see images attach

That said, I got to looking and is this a cruise control module? It’s haphazardly bolted to the driver side inner fender.

Which would be weird since I don’t even have a stalk for it on the column.

I also have this junction block bolted to the inner fender that connects to this bigger red ended wire and goes back to the junction block on the middle of the firewall. I’m guessing that wire could be eliminated too by connecting the small wire directly to the junction block on the firewall.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Yes that
Put the second coat of paint on the 73-80 inner fenders. Probably get started on them when the rain officially hits for the fall.

That said, I got to looking and is this a cruise control module? It’s haphazardly bolted to the driver side inner fender.

Which would be weird since I don’t even have a stalk for it on the column.

I also have this junction block bolted to the inner fender that connects to this bigger red ended wire and goes back to the junction block on the middle of the firewall. I’m guessing that wire could be eliminated too by connecting the small wire directly to the junction block on the firewall.

Yes that is the cruise control module. Don't just throw it away they are hard to find. Someone will want it. Don't be like me and get rid of a bunch of hard-to-find stuff. Then years later wish you had it back. :oops: Not sure on the wiring.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
That is an auto reset circuit breaker on the inner fender, not just a junction block.

Best to trace it and determine where it goes and if it is needed, etc.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes that

Yes that is the cruise control module. Don't just throw it away they are hard to find. Someone will want it. Don't be like me and get rid of a bunch of hard-to-find stuff. Then years later wish you had it back. :oops: Not sure on the wiring.
I’m assuming in 1981 they had a cruise stalk on the column? It just has me baffled- unless they installed them in all of these trucks and just connected it if the option was ordered?

Or maybe it’s a retrofit that someone started to add but never finished it.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I’m assuming in 1981 they had a cruise stalk on the column? It just has me baffled- unless they installed them in all of these trucks and just connected it if the option was ordered?

I remember seeing aftermarket cruise control setups that the button housing clipped onto the turn signal stick.....

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size

That appears to be a factory setup. Do you not have a button on the end of your turn signal stalk? If not, either somebody was trying to retrofit cruise and your truck never had it or the column has been swapped and it did have it originally

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That appears to be a factory setup. Do you not have a button on the end of your turn signal stalk? If not, either somebody was trying to retrofit cruise and your truck never had it or the column has been swapped and it did have it originally
Nope, nada. Probably an unfinished retrofit job, likely explains why it’s only partially bolted to the inner fender.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres

I knew this column was going to be a booger. Someone broke the column lock because they didn't have the key and were too lazy to disassemble it to remove the lock cylinder.

Got down to here and came to the conclusion that this is going to be a big time sink with probably less than desirable results. But it does have the proper turn signal stalk for cruise so I think I will repair the damaged wires and install into a better example I have waiting in the wings.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L

I knew this column was going to be a booger. Someone broke the column lock because they didn't have the key and were too lazy to disassemble it to remove the lock cylinder.

Got down to here and came to the conclusion that this is going to be a big time sink with probably less than desirable results. But it does have the proper turn signal stalk for cruise so I think I will repair the damaged wires and install into a better example I have waiting in the wings.

That wasn't under water, was it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaps81dually