What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Hooked up the new fog lights. I really like the wiring harness and all it seems pretty good quality. Time will tell tho. Went to tsc to get some washers to beef it up a little. Drilled two holes in the bumper on each side.one for the mounting bolt and one for the wires. Bumper is thick and it took some pushing on the drill. Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Mounted switch

Bolted the relay to the firewall and ran ground to fan ground. Run power thru fender and around battery

Come out pretty good if I don't say so. Lol

The bumper thingys stick out just a hair farther than the lights.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
Drove my Squares to a big Cruise-In!

Tonight the wife and I took the 75 Blazer and the 87 R1500 to a big Cruise-In in Chatam VA, which is about a 45 minute drive from the farm. I drove the Blazer. There were about 400 cars that descended on Chatham which is typical for their events. People loved the “Jaws Truck”.

We had a great time and met lots of nice folks, one of whom used to own my 87! Along with some missing history he also has the original hood so I’ll be checking up on that.

The Blazer did great, no heat related issues at all even when in Stop and Go traffic in the mid 80’s. Loved the highway driving, listening to the engine roar as we cruised down the highway. Several folks honked and gave me a thumbs up as they drove by.

When we left for home the wife texted me to say she needed gas. I never gave this a second thought until she seemed to be taking much longer than expected to get home. When she did arrive she was laughing so hard I thought she might pee herself. She had stopped for gas and put $35.00 in it but the gas gauge didn’t budge. She was worried as hell and when she had to stop for a train crossing she pulled off to the side and shut the engine off. Then she finally noticed the tank selector switch. She pressed “Left” and Viola! Plenty of gas!

Great night.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I cannot get the bolts on the regulator to lign back up with the holes in the door!!! I can only manage to get one in and the other one on the top is at least 1/4 to 1/2 in. away from its mountimg hole. I remember it being tricky from the last time I did this but not this difficult. What do I need to do? Anyone have a hack? Is this due to motor mount location? I remember seeing someone say something about that in a video but I don't think I mounted it at an off angle.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Pic of my spliced connector switch hack job...

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
After an hour of trying to figure out why I cannot line the bolts on the regulator with their mounting holes on the door...I finally pulled the regulator back out and now know it is toast. Old moving parts have seized. So I have this new regulator that has so much spring in it but the holes to mount the motor do not lign up. This is really frustrating. I took pics of motor mounts on old regulator and new regulator. It seems as if I need to get another regulator that hopefully will line up...or is there something fundamental I am missing here??? HELP!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Old VS New motor to regulator mounts.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Old VS New motor to regulator mounts.

That's just how many aftermarket parts are. You'll need to slot a couple of those holes to mount the motor.

It's easiest to mount the regulator into the door, with the motor already mounted to it. It's also easiest to do it with the regulator in the 95% UP position. Starting with a new regulator, in an unknown position, you'll need to power it up or down while it's in the door, to get everything lined up.

Hopefully, anyway. You never really know with aftermarket stuff.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I have been going in with motor mounted but on the old regulator wich is no longer working correctly, apparently... I really want to use this new regulator because it has so much life in it. Will it actually mount properly if I drill out space for mounting??? GD parts from(trump impression) CHINA.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Chi Na

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Dang it!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have been going in with motor mounted but on the old regulator wich is no longer working correctly, apparently... I really want to use this new regulator because it has so much life in it. Will it actually mount properly if I drill out space for mounting??? GD parts from(trump impression) CHINA.

By the looks of it, just the holes to mount the motor will need slotted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Headroom