What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Finally got around to "cleaning up" the area behind my seat. I used some 1/16" polycarbonate/acrylic type sheet plastic for the big panel and shelf.
Cut the shelf part and screwed it down, then used Velcro on the big panel for the bottom and middle. After I got it straight and level (before sticking the Velcro), I put 5 - 1/2 screws at the top. There is 5 places where the panel has a little gap where you could do this without going thru the cab. Painted a small wooden circular box thing (found at Hobby Lobby) and screwed it to the shelf to hold my fire extinguisher.
I put a little trim molding on the top of the panel.
Looks much better than the old busted cardboard thing that was in there, if I say so myself :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

williestreet

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The truck has had an oil leak since I bought it. Couldn't locate it, but while working in the carb the other week I noticed a wire stuck under the back edge of the drivers side valve cover??
Previous owner was obviously not paying attention the last time he had the valve covers off and pinched a wire under the cover.

Hopefully a new gasket will do the trick and my leak issue is solved. I did notice the gasket sticks out over the head mating surface a fair bit on the back side of the drivers side cover. I am guessing this is a common casting issue with these heads or maybe they are all like this and it's normal.

Changed the PCV valve as well while I was at it.

Attachments

• BE5CB4DC-3BE2-4C14-8BB4-00C54851B86C.jpeg
    BE5CB4DC-3BE2-4C14-8BB4-00C54851B86C.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 52F69D14-FB08-48C7-BE0F-09A03D64465E.jpeg
    52F69D14-FB08-48C7-BE0F-09A03D64465E.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 22

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
Got the proper fittings and insulation and made an all-metal fuel line (mechanical pump to carb) out of 90/10 CuNi 3/8” tubing for the 454 Blazer. Filled the line with salt for all the bending, which helps prevent kinks and flat spots. Cut to length, flared the ends, insulated it and installed.

Salt did NOT want to come out of tubing as it was compacted in bend areas. So dropped it in 100 gallon stock tank (horses were VERY curious!) to soak for a bit, then blew it out with air hose and then water. All in all I’m happy with the results.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Finally got around to "cleaning up" the area behind my seat. I used some 1/16" polycarbonate/acrylic type sheet plastic for the big panel and shelf.
Cut the shelf part and screwed it down, then used Velcro on the big panel for the bottom and middle. After I got it straight and level (before sticking the Velcro, I put 5 - 1/2 screws at the top. There is 5 places where the panel has a little gap where you could do this without going thru the cab. Painted a small wooden circular box thing (found at Hobby Lobby) and screwed it to the shelf to hold my fire extinguisher.
Looks much better than the old busted cardboard thing that was in there, if I say so myself :)

That's exactly where my extinguisher is and I just applied velcro to the old cardboard thing. I want to do this behind my seat. I may reach out with questions @PeteJr .

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Cut the shelf part and screwed it down, then used Velcro on the big panel for the bottom and middle. After I got it straight and level (before sticking the Velcro, I put 5 - 1/2 screws at the top. There is 5 places where the panel has a little gap where you could do this without going thru the cab. Painted a small wooden circular box thing (found at Hobby Lobby) and screwed it to the shelf to hold my fire extinguisher.

Looks awesome. Simple and attractive.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Well that’s no fun.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Yeah. Tire kicked up a rock and it's my fault for not having a deflector shield lol (fan shroud)

Oldbear42

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 LWB Scottsdale
Engine Size
I learnt that a TH400 that was "drained" a week ago when I pulled the speedometer pinion housing out (it had already sat for 4-6 days before this) is not actually drained to below the hole I had plugged with a glove stuffed with shop rags. I lost a few litres before getting a pan under it, but this is not my first Dex fluid shower.

But I got the new speedo-driven gear and seals installed, the transmission filled, the road test is complete, and there are no leaks (from the repair). Buddy and I are taking the old C20 to our beer club on Friday so we can test the new LED lights. The last beer night was why I bought LED lights—we easily outran the headlights at 80 km on the gravel back roads to get to the host's farm.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Put a hole in my radiator
They make a puddy that will fix that. I put a hole on mine then smashed some of that puddy on it and it's still holding up. Walmart or auto parts should have it. Waterproof too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Headroom