What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Finished my vapor lock and starter heat soak fixes for the 454 Blazer. Insulated sections of the fuel line under the hood, wrapped a section of the RH exhaust pipe that ran close to the fuel lines and added a heat shield and 1/2” thick phenolic spacer under the carb.

The starter worked great until you tried to start the hot engine after it’s been parked for a few minutes. Then it was a nail-biter as to wether it would crank or not. Had the same problem with my 57 BelAir (383 Stroker) and my 87 Squarebody. Bought a new starter for a 99 Suburban 454 which is half the size and is a permanent magnet, gear reduction unit not much affected by heat soak. Spins that big block over like it’s nobody’s business. From my research GM started moving from the older direct drive starters to the permanent magnet gear reduction units around 1999. Good move!

Today’s stress test was successful! No vapor lock and instant starts of a hot engine parked for about 10 minutes on asphalt. Plus a beautiful day for a topless drive.

You must be registered for see images attach

My 97 K2500 with a 454/4L80 combo had the smaller high torque starter on it. The factory one will also have a heat shield on it to protect the solenoid from the exhaust heat.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
And my NOS USA-1 plate. Real deal small hole plate, not a repop.
Had one of those on my front bumper of Mean Green back in the late 80's-early 90's and got a ticket for it. Was turning onto Valencia Blvd at the college of the canyons, and since it's close to the freeway, a highway patrol was there and pulled me over. Ticketed me for the USA-1 license plate and while there he reached inside the window and pressed the horn button. No horn, so I had to fix that and remove the plate from the front.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Had one of those on my front bumper of Mean Green back in the late 80's-early 90's and got a ticket for it. Was turning onto Valencia Blvd at the college of the canyons, and since it's close to the freeway, a highway patrol was there and pulled me over. Ticketed me for the USA-1 license plate and while there he reached inside the window and pressed the horn button. No horn, so I had to fix that and remove the plate from the front.
WTF

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Bummer. I've been running without front plates for right on 50 years with 10 different vehicles and never an issue. Course now I probably jinxed myself...

Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
The 6x9 cab corner boxes came in today. Unfortunately they didn't fit with the sub box behind the seat. They fit great otherwise and guess I'll use them in the 82 when I put a radio in it. If you're looking for some boxes like these ud recommend them because they're nice and well made and pretty cheap.

DEEJAY LED TBH699 Pair 6X9... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M2C6RII/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78crustdumdlux