Rims won't fit on rear with drums.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
Sorry, wasn’t bagging on you for painting them, but comparing what WV offered for for different part numbers and painted primed etc trying to figure out why they didn’t fit.
Still didn’t see your part number on WV website and the closest numbers were advertised as I mentioned back on p 1 or this thread. So I think you got rims that were made more specific to different/earlier model year trucks but “fit” 6 lug squares. Or almost fit anyways!
I looked for my part number the other day and it's obsolete by the looks of it. And I got them early last year. They have one close to what I have but you can't put hub caps on them

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Komodo M/T saveros
While I hadn’t heard of them before, they’re priced similar to other mid range mudders. They’re super aggressive though so more likely to take more weight. Did they all take a lot? How much?
Maybe you can convince the tire shop to rotate them a rebalance. After you clearance the rims and repaint…lol

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
That was going to be my ultimate solution for all four rims. Grind down the folded inward lips that are not welded on the inside. I need to look inside the drums chamfer circumferences as to how much I can take off on the outside lips. This job will not happen not at least next year because I want to take a break from these disappointing fit wheels. I'm hoping better luck with my used wheels for now.
Fair enough. How close are they to fitting? Would 1/4 “ spacers work? That’s easiest if they do and costs less than having the tires re-mounted.
Another possible option you could measure up is if the threads are too short for your comfort (you’d ideally want to grab 9-10 threads minimum) is extended length lug nuts.
And actual bolt on 1.5” spacers are $60 US and are a permanent slam dunk solution. Done deal and they correct the narrower rear stance.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
That was going to be my ultimate solution for all four rims. Grind down the folded inward lips that are not welded on the inside. I need to look inside the drums chamfer circumferences as to how much I can take off on the outside lips. This job will not happen not at least next year because I want to take a break from these disappointing fit wheels. I'm hoping better luck with my used wheels for now
Unless I'm mistaken you have disc brakes up front. You won't have any clearance issues with the front. So, you're discouraged to the point of just doing nothing. No worries, if you decide at some point that you'd like to see exactly what the fix is, just let me know and I'll pull off a wheel and show you pics of my drum, WV wheel with simple mod, and original wheel. I've done this. It really is a simple fix. I was discouraged too. For about two minutes, that's how long it took me to compare the wheel centers old and new, and realize what needed to be done to solve the problem. After that it was nothing to it but to do it. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old85c10