Rims won't fit on rear with drums.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I repeat the question. Did you take a hammer to the raised areas around the stud holes thinking they were causing the issue?
Those wheels must've been balanced while the paint was still wet. I sure didn't have that kind of paint damage when mine were done.

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
I am not trying to make this worse for you but I am running 33x12.50 mud grips and they don't need that much weight. If you have that much lead on that wheel something is wrong.
I learned something new. Thank you for that information. Now I want to run them after I figure out how to fit them and see how the ride compares to the alternate wheels I will put on for now to get my pet Monster rolling. I wonder if the quality of tires could also contribute to the excess weights?

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
I repeat the question. Did you take a hammer to the raised areas around the stud holes thinking they were causing the issue?
No I did not. No hammering was done in these pictures.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I learned something new. Thank you for that information. Now I want to run them after I figure out how to fit them and see how the ride compares to the alternate wheels I will put on for now to get my pet Monster rolling. I wonder if the quality of tires could also contribute to the excess weights?
Yes. Tire quality has more effect on balancing that the rim quality. Mostly because the tire is further from the center and any weight differences have a greater effect further from the middle/center of rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kraske