Fixing large door/cab gap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
In the 90’s GM had a clearance sale on Square body parts and I purchased two new doors for $90 each. After installing I found the top and a pillar gaps large and have never been able to adjust the gap out. I believe the parts sell off was due to the doors being the end of a run and the quality was not as good as earlier runs. I just figure at least they are totally rust free. Side note I was going to remove drip rails but since I could not get the gap down I left them on so the gap is not as noticeable.

Toad455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
In the 90’s GM had a clearance sale on Square body parts and I purchased two new doors for $90 each. After installing I found the top and a pillar gaps large and have never been able to adjust the gap out. I believe the parts sell off was due to the doors being the end of a run and the quality was not as good as earlier runs. I just figure at least they are totally rust free. Side note I was going to remove drip rails but since I could not get the gap down I left them on so the gap is not as noticeable.
I'd like to find OEM now for 90.00, ha. I saw one somewhere on the internet this year for 600.00. I paid 400 for an NOS pass side fender, I just had to have it.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Yes, I'm glad he kept it, I learned to drive in it and we have a lot of memories in it. I forgot to mention that in around 1990 I rebuilt the original turbo 350 that was never touched before me. It was missing the brake band. I remember the truck would never "brake" while off the gas and decelerating. I put one in it though. He bought a Chevelle Malibu in 74 also but I rolled it when I was in high school, ha.
You rolled a 74 Chevelle? You must drive like a madman!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy