What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Interesting, thanks for the information! Definitely something to consider.
I forgot that Stay Tuned (Tony Angelo) just did a squarebody rescue about a month ago. It’s worth watching from the beginning because it’s cool to see the shape that they find it and how it turns out- but if you just want to see the VGG clear coat application, fast forward to 48:45.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
@ChuckN, interested to see before and after with the patina juice! Is your truck still original paint? Difference between polishing the paint and the clear? I’ve been thinking of this for Stay Around Brown (aka the dogs’ truck. They love riding in it.)
Not for the shine but paint protection.
Wondering if this stuff (patina sauce, wipe on clear, whateveryoucallit) got its start as floor polish? Old RVer trick is to use Zep High Traffic Floor Polish I think that’s the type. Anyway it will shine up oxidized gel/powder/paint and leave a coating that lasts a while (years, depending how sun baked it gets).

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Brown got a little work yesterday. Tired of it leaving piss marks of power steering fluid randomly. Pressure hose (looked original) had a little crack. Think it was also swelled up inside, have to cut it in half and check. Pump used to whine a little. Now it doesn’t.
So nice working on a truck that has no rusted bolts! Replaced both hoses and degreased the mess.

And my buddy was spraying white on his 68 c10 yesterday so I hopped on fixing the front bumper on the Camaro in hopes of getting it ready, driving over and mooching an ounce or 2 of white paint, already mixed up and in the gun on a sunny 70deg day with no bugs! Color looks pretty close actually. But didn’t get done in time before he finished up.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@ChuckN, interested to see before and after with the patina juice! Is your truck still original paint? Difference between polishing the paint and the clear? I’ve been thinking of this for Stay Around Brown (aka the dogs’ truck. They love riding in it.)
Not for the shine but paint protection.
Wondering if this stuff (patina sauce, wipe on clear, whateveryoucallit) got its start as floor polish? Old RVer trick is to use Zep High Traffic Floor Polish I think that’s the type. Anyway it will shine up oxidized gel/powder/paint and leave a coating that lasts a while (years, depending how sun baked it gets).
So, how I started off was with the “Shine Juice “, which is basically a concoction of linseed oil and some other stuff, non- permanent. It works just fine, adds a little bit of luster and will keep surface rust from progressing. If you don’t want something that you can’t remove on a whim, it works pretty good though the gloss is lower, and depending how much your truck is out in the weather will dictate how long it lasts.

The clear coat wipe on (or spray on if you have the equipment, but uses twice the product) is permanent. Though the instructions say that you can scuff and reapply at your desire.

My truck is a mish-mosh of original (or like original) paint, with other panels that had clearly been resprayed in a single stage paint and was pretty chalky. The clear coat kind of helped bring it back together a little and more uniform.

The floor polish is an interesting idea, never heard of that. But it’s worth a try if it’s cheaper; the Shine Juice is around $85, and the Clear Coat was I think $149.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesvC30