What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I agree. Somehow, even though I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, reading manuals or even looking at diagrams about carbs makes my eyes glaze over.

The linkage has a couple tiny studs on the end to keep it on the cam, it looks like I have to un-hook the tiny cotter pin from the other end, pull that end out, so I can rotate the thing 90deg to slip it through that curved slot. Then re-attach the lower end.

Notice you didn't actually say *what it is*, just where stick it in... ;-}
Linkage rod?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Here's what I did to my square lately...I attempted to make a spirited 1/4 mile run in a fairly remote area. After stomping the go pedal, the truck suddenly went to idle only. Well, I ripped the Lokar throttle cable out of the ferrule on the throttle body of my First fuel injection intake. Clearly due to my gas pedal not being adjusted properly. I was just barely able to get a couple strands of cable into the ferrule to limp all the way home. I was half considering making a shoe string throttle haha. Good times.

Wait, you have a FIRST intake? As in, TPI? If so, how do you like the setup? Did you buy it new or used?

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Wait, you have a FIRST intake? As in, TPI? If so, how do you like the setup? Did you buy it new or used?
Bought it new, and it's AWESOME, in my opinion. When I first frame-off built my truck in the early 90's in high school, I put a 350 TPI out of an IROC in it, with an Accel computer. That was kinda high tech at the time. The truck sat and rotted from around 2001 to 2012. Spent the last 12 years doing it all over again, but better. I wanted TPI because that's what it was the first time I built it, but that intake can't breath past about 4K rpm. And no way I was LS swapping it, had to keep to it's roots. So I bought the FIRST intake and put it on a new roller crate 350 (the SP350/357 to be exact) with a Holley HP ECU, and it does everything I want it to do. It's TPI as GM should have made it, all the torque and it can rev pretty good too. I keep saying I need to make a build thread.

Don't judge the pic too hard, things are cleaned up since taking it. Still need to route a cold air intake though.

Attachments

• FIRST.jpg
    FIRST.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 6

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Bought it new, and it's AWESOME, in my opinion. When I first frame-off built my truck in the early 90's in high school, I put a 350 TPI out of an IROC in it, with an Accel computer. That was kinda high tech at the time. The truck sat and rotted from around 2001 to 2012. Spent the last 12 years doing it all over again, but better. I wanted TPI because that's what it was the first time I built it, but that intake can't breath past about 4K rpm. And no way I was LS swapping it, had to keep to it's roots. So I bought the FIRST intake and put it on a new roller crate 350 (the SP350/357 to be exact) with a Holley HP ECU, and it does everything I want it to do. It's TPI as GM should have made it, all the torque and it can rev pretty good too. I keep saying I need to make a build thread.

Don't judge the pic too hard, things are cleaned up since taking it. Still need to route a cold air intake though.

Love it man! I have a standard tpi with a voretec lower I'm going to put on mine soon an run with a terminator.

When I do my 383 I have a super ram with the tpis lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noetoy13