What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Have any hunches on what went wrong? I still haven't thought of anything else that could have caused that. Just the collapsed lifters theory.

Oh and just to be clear for others that are wondering what happened, those turned rockers are the effect, not the cause. @PeteJr
Oil pressure,adjusted wrong from the get go,or retainers are sticking up too high letting the rocker walk off of the valve stem. I'll need to look at his pic again to see if I can see if the rockers hit the retainers. I'm curious to see what the builder says. Whoever built it should know what spring retainer combo will work,so I doubt that's the issue. Also need to reread his post to see how many miles are on it.

Last edited:

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Oil pressure,adjusted wrong from the get go,or retainers are sticking up too high letting the rocker walk off of the valve stem. I'll need to look at his pick again to see if I can see if the rockers hit the retainers. I'm curious to see what the builder says. Whoever built it should know what spring retainer combo will work,so I doubt that's the issue. Also need to reread his post to see how many miles are on it.
Hard to tell in the pictures but that one stud looks taller so maybe it pulled it self out I know that was a common issue on the stock blocks but I figure blueprint wouldnt have that problem where's the pushrod maybe it's to short I have been planning on a blueprint in the long far off future but that makes me rethinking my decision wonder what they have to say about it that sucks hopefully OP gets it figured out

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Hard to tell in the pictures but that one stud looks taller so maybe it pulled it self out I know that was a common issue on the stock blocks but I figure blueprint wouldnt have that problem where's the pushrod maybe it's to short I have been planning on a blueprint in the long far off future but that makes me rethinking my decision wonder what they have to say about it that sucks hopefully OP gets it figured out
He's got 3 walking off,so I don't think the studs pulling out.I reread his post,it's got over 1000 miles on it,so the rockers weren't out of adjustment to begin with. He says he hasn't had it past 3500 so he didn't float the valves,oil pressure,collapsed lifters,or wrong retainers is all that makes sense to me.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
He's got 3 walking off,so I don't think the studs pulling out.I reread his post,it's got over 1000 miles on it,so the rockers weren't out of adjustment to begin with. He says he hasn't had it past 3500 so he didn't float the valves,oil pressure,collapsed lifters,or wrong retainers is all that makes sense to me.
Yes, it has run for 1,549 miles since I started it. been to a couple short outta town car shows (50-100 miles) Followed their priming, etc instructions, break in oil, etc.
Oil pressure is always about 55 lbs. going down the road.
That one push rod was laying in the head, it's not bent or scarred. Like I said, when it started making the noise I shut it off and pushed it back in the shop.
The rocker nuts don't look like they have backed off. I am OK with collapsed lifter(s) as long as the cam is OK.
I don't know what cams & lifters BP uses. Edelbrock's warehouse is here in my town.
I have heard local guys here talk about how Comp cam lifters have been bad ???
On a tour there a couple months ago, I asked if they did BP's aluminum heads and the guy said yes ???
I have contacted BP. Waiting on a reply.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ratrodriley