Rims won't fit on rear with drums.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I didn't say anything about machining the brake drum. I said you DON'T want to go and machine your brake drum. Get that beast on the road and have some fun with it.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I blew your pic up and looked harder,now I understand. I thought I was looking at the front side of a factory wheel,that wheels just made different than anything I've noticed. I think a thin spacer is probably the fastest easiest fix. I thought I was seeing the three raised bumps that hold the hubcap.
Spacer like that won't do it.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I didnt read all the pages of new posts, but if the OP went ahead with the grinding away a bit of the wheel to fit, then I would just be concious of any suspension shake in the future, because you may have created lateral runout. IF you own a dial indicator you could measure this yourself, but any homebrew grinding could possibly create a lateral runout situation, which can be corrected if you did create it, so not the end of the world.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
OK just went thru the whole thread and @misceo ,Manuel, had the problem solved on the first page?? Why did the OP NOT go back to Summit when he found a problem....paint or no paint they should have done something about this problem? I can't find anywhere that says he has contacted them? It's STILL a bullsh!t solution to grind on new wheels when they were SUPPOSED to fit!!! It could possibly decrease the integrity of the wheel
Wheels are not returnable if they have been painted or had tires mounted. Says so on the website where I ordered mine, Coker tire. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Summit website says so as well. Hence the term and procedure, "test fit" I put a little masking tape on mine to protect them while test fitting. Could have returned them but chose to make a SIMPLE fix. He does not have the option to return. More's the pity.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I didnt read all the pages of new posts, but if the OP went ahead with the grinding away a bit of the wheel to fit, then I would just be concious of any suspension shake in the future, because you may have created lateral runout. IF you own a dial indicator you could measure this yourself, but any homebrew grinding could possibly create a lateral runout situation, which can be corrected if you did create it, so not the end of the world.
No issues with runout, suspension, etc. My truck runs down the road smooth as can be at 75mph. I'll say it again, it is a very minor modification.

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
Wil not hurt the wheel. it is a MINOR modification.
You guys are gonna make me go pull a wheel off my truck when it's totally unnecessary for me to do that. Again, it's a SIMPLE solution. Good golly. Yes, it SHOULD'VE fit. But it doesn't, It's the aftermarket! I fixed mine without any drama, he can too if he so chooses.
I bought the rims last year and finally came around to putting them on without checking them once I had them in hand first 30 days thinking it's OE style so there shouldn't be an issue for fit but I learned the hard way. I'm taking a break from them and carrying on with other repairs like bodywork. I don't have the drive to touch them so these black ones will do for now (in my profile pic). Thank you for understanding as I will choose when I want to fix them. I want to see what this thing drives like.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
No issues with runout, suspension, etc. My truck runs down the road smooth as can be at 75mph. I'll say it again, it is a very minor modification.
IF it were to become an issue, which could be from the manufacture of those wheels made them improper, someone else doesnt grind them as evenly. Infact, older trucks like these are much less sensitive to things like runout thankfully, a big reason being these wheels are reasonable , narrow, and not 22inch 10 inch+ wide baller wheels that are for some reason so popular lol....

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
IF it were to become an issue, which could be from the manufacture of those wheels made them improper, someone else doesnt grind them as evenly. Infact, older trucks like these are much less sensitive to things like runout thankfully, a big reason being these wheels are reasonable , narrow, and not 22inch 10 inch+ wide baller wheels that are for some reason so popular lol....
I wanted to go with wheels that would look proper for the truck from that era and decided to go with the OE style and have more aggressive tires but not go overkill like it's Mad Max. Some day I hope to fit them on with a bit of work grinding those irritable edges discussed here.

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
I didn't say anything about machining the brake drum. I said you DON'T want to go and machine your brake drum. Get that beast on the road and have some fun with it.
My bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathman