Rims won't fit on rear with drums.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I just read through the whole thread, started out as understanding the issue (or so I thought) and then just got confused lol. So lemme see if I'm understanding this right. Are you saying that the center bore of your new wheels...

You must be registered for see images attach

Won't go over the center hub of the rear drum?

If that's the case, that's an easy enough fix. Just need to open up the center bore of the wheel a touch or turn down the center hub of the brake drum.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I just read through the whole thread, started out as understanding the issue (or so I thought) and then just got confused lol. So lemme see if I'm understanding this right. Are you saying that the center bore of your new wheels...

If that's the case, that's an easy enough fix. Just need to open up the center bore of the wheel a touch or turn down the center hub of the brake drum.
That's not the issue at all.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Look at the pic in post#76. The wheel is 2 parts welded together, the barrel of the wheel and the wheel center. There are 4 welds that join the center to the barrel. In between the welds there are open areas. The wheel center on his new wheel is shaped a little differently than the center on a factory wheel. The factory wheel center fades away between the welds, the new one does not. See the small paint nicks about 3/8" from the end of each weld? Cutting back the raised portion of the lip between the welds provides the needed clearance. I bought the same wheels and made that simple mod, easy. Funny thing is at the time I thought about posting the issue and fix just in case anyone else ran into the same thing, I didn't, and BAM! Here we are.

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Look at the pic in post#76. The wheel is 2 parts welded together, the barrel of the wheel and the wheel center. There are 4 welds that join the center to the barrel. In between the welds there are open areas. The wheel center on his new wheel is shaped a little differently than the center on a factory wheel. The factory wheel center fades away between the welds, the new one does not. See the small paint nicks about 3/8" from the end of each weld? Cutting back the raised portion of the lip between the welds provides the needed clearance. I bought the same wheels and made that simple mod, easy. Funny thing is at the time I thought about posting the issue and fix just in case anyone else ran into the same thing, I didn't, and BAM! Here we are.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I see. Yeah that would be tedious but not terrible to remedy. It also looks like it hit the barrel of the wheel, hopefully that was just dropping it coming off or on at some point. If it's hitting the main barrel, that's a bigger problem

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve

I was confused for a bit myself lol

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I see. Yeah that would be tedious but not terrible to remedy. It also looks like it hit the barrel of the wheel, hopefully that was just dropping it coming off or on at some point. If it's hitting the main barrel, that's a bigger problem
No, it won't hit the barrel. And the mod isn't visible from the outside of the wheel either. Small cutting wheel on an angle grinder is the best bet. then just a little clean up. In my introductory post someone asked about my 15x10s, and I noted the mod but didn't describe it at any length.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Kind of a bullsh!t remedy after spending how much on the wheels that were "supposed" to fit?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CptRex420