Np205

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, k30, k20, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I thought that was just the 203 setup?

The JB Fab 205 twin stuck is pretty nice.
That's the one I was looking at.

I know ORD used to have a 205 twin stick, they still have an option on their site, it's just not available. They also have the doubler stick setup with the 203 front section.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's the one I was looking at.

I know ORD used to have a 205 twin stick, they still have an option on their site, it's just not available. They also have the doubler stick setup with the 203 front section.

One reason I like the JB Fab setup is because the sticks are some kind of stainless, so it fits the look of the higher trimmed truck interiors.

They also offer some really nice cable shifters.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, k30, k20, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350, 350
One reason I like the JB Fab setup is because the sticks are some kind of stainless, so it fits the look of the higher trimmed truck interiors.

I've seen quite a few people say nothing but good things about them. Since ORD hasn't had any for awhile I had been looking at the jb fab setup.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

Well, thanks for bringing this up... I was looking at their setup on the interwebs and saw they had a contact phone number with an area code near me. So then I googled their address and the guys shop is literally a 5 minute drive from me. I have driven past the house a few times since it is ~100 yards away from a coworker and hunting buddies house and I had noticed a bunch of squarebodies in the front yard. Guess I'll need to add it to my list of future upgrades. I kind of think I might want to do the cable drive version and move the shifter farther forward and off to the drivers side to give more room to the center seat with the new 40/20/40 buckets.

79crewcab

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0l LS
Why the long adapter with the VSS in it? That's completely useless and will read exactly the same as the OSS in this case. You need either a switch to activate when in 4lo or the VSS on the output of the 205 in order for it to be doing you any good
The route i took was the cheapest and easiest way and at some point when it gets on the road I'll switch it to a cable to electronic pickup on rear of transfer case

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
The route i took was the cheapest and easiest way and at some point when it gets on the road I'll switch it to a cable to electronic pickup on rear of transfer case
So you didn't have the transmission apart? I just bought a tone ring for $10 and installed it on the rear output on mine when I had it apart. I'm using the dakota digital adapter on the speedo output for now and just put the tone ring on just in case. For some reason when I first looked at your picture I thought you had all three connected which is why I was confused. Now I see you don't have the OSS connected on the trans, so that makes more sense.

79crewcab

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0l LS
So you didn't have the transmission apart? I just bought a tone ring for $10 and installed it on the rear output on mine when I had it apart. I'm using the dakota digital adapter on the speedo output for now and just put the tone ring on just in case. For some reason when I first looked at your picture I thought you had all three connected which is why I was confused. Now I see you don't have the OSS connected on the trans, so that makes more sense.
I did have the trans apart but never thought of that but it's all the same as I needed a spacer anyways so the shift shafts don't hit the trans housing and as far as ls swap this is my first and I was hoping to run the VSS on rear of transfer case to the factory squarebody vss cable so idk right or wrong it's a learning process

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bittenbyajerk