Key stuck in ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerhed

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Here's something else to consider. There's that goofy spring (on the columns I've seen) that catches maximum tension on the lock pin itself off the ignition cylinder drive position. If that spring is fukkurd up, it will mess with deployment of that lock pin. If yours is intact and attached properly, no issue. I only bring it up because with the corrosion issue you described, if there's friction enough to overcome that spring power to move the pin, there's the low but not zero chance the pin will remain engaged to the lock plate. Leaving you with a truck that will start and run like it always did, but with a steering wheel leaving you with only one track to go down.
Yup, totally agree with this. I don't trust it. It still wants to stick, a little. So yeah, new column is on the replacement list along with most of the interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcsimon