Emissions pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julius

Reaction score
First Name
julius
Truck Year
Truck Model
r20/c20
Engine Size
Hello I have a 1987 454 it had some emissions pipes that connected to the manifolds when I put on headers I cut them off I was wondering where do these pipes go? Do they just wrap around? There are 2 nuts in the back of the motor I can take off to take off the pipes but I was wondering if they just wrap around to each other or go into the motor?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 21

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Crawl up under and see where they go. Were there cats on the truck? That would be my guess, the A.I.R. system in '87 may have included blowing air in the cats to get them hotter

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Crawl up under and see where they go. Were there cats on the truck? That would be my guess, the A.I.R. system in '87 may have included blowing air in the cats to get them hotter
Yes, some vehicles had dual bed converters. Not sure if 87's had it. That was an odd emissions time frame with dual air pumps, carbs, some carbs with feedback and TBI. All dependent on GVW and motor option. A vacuum hose manufacturer delight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy