Collapsed upper radiator hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Like that idea. I think @Ricko1966 had recommended putting an aspirin or Tylenol tablet in the thermostat to prop it open for complete circulation before it dissolves and goes away. I haven’t tried it but sounds like a neat trick

Had Tylenol in the toolbox will those work? lol Anyway use whatever method is easiest to vent the air. There will almost always be a little residual, usually need to add coolant after first heat cycle or 2.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Might not be the best practice nut I allot of times drill a small hole in my thermostat to bypass a little and I've had no issues doing it this way for many years.

Side story: In HS a friend removed and drilled his thermostat 3 times to adjust his engine temp to perfection. I'm not saying he drilled 3 holes. He drilled one really small hole increasing it till the gauge showed perfect. Was also the same kid who cleaned his engine with Qtips and rubbing alcohol lol. We called him Mr. Clean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BAmbrose