carbed ls with msd 6014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danpatrick

Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a 5.3 ls out of a 2002 Tahoe. It has the Truck Norris nsr cam and a Holley midrise dual plan intake with a Holley dp750cfm. I'm running a MSD 6014. I put in a new cam sensor in because the 6014 said it was faulty. The engine is running like it is out of time. It is popping in the carb and out of the exhaust, it also smokes a little bit and the spark plugs are black. the spark plugs are brand new. I would really appreciate any help

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have a 5.3 ls out of a 2002 Tahoe. It has the Truck Norris nsr cam and a Holley midrise dual plan intake with a Holley dp750cfm. I'm running a MSD 6014. I put in a new cam sensor in because the 6014 said it was faulty. The engine is running like it is out of time. It is popping in the carb and out of the exhaust, it also smokes a little bit and the spark plugs are black. the spark plugs are brand new. I would really appreciate any help
Black plugs,
carbureated engine. I'd start with a compression test. Then basic fuel system trouble shooting. Float level,fuel pressure,choke operation,power valve,vacuum leaks.Many people dont realize a vacuum leak can cause a rich mixture. The carbureator adds fuel based in engine vacuum high vacuum readings are typically light or closed throttle and little fuel is added. Low vacuum is typically heavy throttle,lots fuel enrichment going on. Now you have a vacuum leak,the carbureator senses that as heavy tgrottle and adds fuel,but you don't have enough air because of the osed throttle plates.If you can't find anything in the fuel system then move to ignition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stew