Aux battery for audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
I don't know because I'm not one to crank the system with the truck not running. It sounds better at 14.2 volts than at 12 anyway.
Understood just playing devil's advocate.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
yes and no. My alt is a factory unit pushing 94 amps. However, at 1100 WRMS, that's 76.4 amps just for the amplifiers. But yes, I may want to run the audio without the engine running and still be able to start my truck when ready. and Yes, it is a traditional camper load but not lights and fans....thumping music.
You’re still tracking right. And you provided enough info originally that should have quoted down the “whys” even though you were only asking about the “how’s”. It happens, it’s the internet.
One guy running a 1900W stereo off of a crusty old Diehard battery and a kick @ss alternator is not the only way to properly accomplish the desired results.
Keep on keepin on.
I’m sure your installer or the voice in the back of your head will tell you to make sure the wiring is large enough to handle the load efficiently. That was my only comment after you sorted out the battery isolator thing.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinkertoy