A/C design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Thanks, that’s what I looking at doing. We just put a new engine in it. All the a/c parts are missing. I don’t see paying several hundred dollars for an old school pancake compressor when I can get a newer more efficient compressor for way less. Just trying to see if anyone has any parts recommendations before I start.
Unfortunately small blocks are not as easy to say "use this one, it'll be perfect" as an LS. There's so many front drive setups and head setups (some heads don't have bolt holes at all, others have different combos of bolt holes). That said, Restomod Air, Vintage Air or ICT Billet would be my first couple calls. They can help walk you through what you'll need and what compressor will work for you. There's V-belt, serpentine belt options, size of compressor, type, etc. So many variables that I'd highly recommend talking to one of those companies first so you at least can get an idea what what factors into what bracket/compressor will or won't work for your truck

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Go to the junkyard rob the condenser,compressor hoses, all brackets,pulleys and hoses from a GM truck 1995 up with a 305 or 350 Vortec. It will all be a bolt on and your compressor and condenser will already be appropriate for r134
Or do this. This would be very simple lol

dlong747

Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Go to the junkyard rob the condenser,compressor hoses, all brackets,pulleys and hoses from a GM truck 1995 up with a 305 or 350 Vortec. It will all be a bolt on and your compressor and condenser will already be appropriate for r134
That’s exactly what I was thinking, I was debating replacing the evaporator or just flushing it out since it’s been sitting with no line on it for years. I really appreciate the suggestion.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
That’s exactly what I was thinking, I was debating replacing the evaporator or just flushing it out since it’s been sitting with no line on it for years. I really appreciate the suggestion.
Replace it with one for 134, condensers have been redesigned to be more efficient.

dlong747

Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Unfortunately small blocks are not as easy to say "use this one, it'll be perfect" as an LS. There's so many front drive setups and head setups (some heads don't have bolt holes at all, others have different combos of bolt holes). That said, Restomod Air, Vintage Air or ICT Billet would be my first couple calls. They can help walk you through what you'll need and what compressor will work for you. There's V-belt, serpentine belt options, size of compressor, type, etc. So many variables that I'd highly recommend talking to one of those companies first so you at least can get an idea what what factors into what bracket/compressor will or won't work for your truck
Thanks for the info, I have looked at vintage air. They have the old pancake style compressors. I would like to put something newer and more efficient on it.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I got my Sanden, from Vintage Air along with the proper brackets.....66 Chevy II, 327 ci

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually