350 small block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boloboss

Reaction score
First Name
Shuntel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy C10
Engine Size
v8 350 5.7 liz6er
What's up Chevy family????
My 84 Chevy C10 has a 350 small block with a Edelbrock carburetor. It used to crank right up when I turned the ignition and now I'm having to tap the gas a few times before it start and sometimes more than that. But then once it gets going I can turn the truck off, turn the ignition and it starts right up and it will continue to start up consistently.. But then I'll let truck sit for a while, and the same scenario happens again Why am I having this problem?

Chris64

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Electric choke, electronic choke or manual choke? I don't know much about how to fix it but I bet this will be a factor in diagnosing it.

Electric choke is supposed to squirt gas in there when the ignition is turned on I think. Maybe that's not working.

I was going to get an Edelbrock AVS2 with electric choke so I'm interested in hearing what others think the problem might be.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Accelerator pump. Easy to replace. 1 pump cold starts again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gavinjansma