Who is or has run a 307?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
All of this is why I moved away from the city,almost identical problems as @Catbox all the way down to the parking on gravel. Anyway moved to acreage in no city limits in Linn County Kansas. If I want police I need to call the Sherriff in Mound City. They've still found ways to eff with me, come on my land when I'm not home on the premise of checking for improvements,for property tax appraisal. They inventoried all my vehicles with no tags and made me pay taxes on them. ( Everything was tagged and insured when I lived in the city)

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
All of hos is why I moved away from the city,almost identical problems as @Catbox all the way down to the parking on gravel. Anyway moved to acreage in no city limits in Linn County Kansas. If I want police I need to call the Sherriff in Mound City. They've still found ways to eff with me, come 9n my land when I'm not home on the premise of checking for improvements for property tax appraisal. They inventories all my vehicles with no tags and made me pay taxes on them. ( Everything was tagged and insured when I lived in the city)

Yeah, out of city limits is where it's at. We sold the house and moved out to a rental place (rent was way cheaper than a mortgage for a comparable place). We were there for about 10 years, really no complaints at all from the landlord. Then her sister got involved and it was time to move on. So then we bought our own place and some land.

Small towns are nice, but for car people, no towns are better. Just my opinion of course.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
On purpose I bought a 1987 tune port 305 roller cam engine from an iroc camaro and put it in my 83 regal coup, not the most desirable car but interior is mint and car is fun!! that 305 thinks it's a 350. Has an R4 with 273s. Does good burnouts and drifts around for fun. I've had and driven ford 302s and there no 350 but do okay. The chevy 307, 305 are good engines imo. Its my belief that allot of there bad wrap came from crappy cams that went bad premature giving them low performance.
I once drove a 70 or so Nova with a 307, and that car FLEW, even with PG, much faster than a 73 or later 350, as tuned for best performance, not emissions, but you are right, they were not really cammed for high performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutasi