What year tailgate is this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Gents, I picked up a tailgate and hood, near the same blue as my dually, tonight I'd planned on putting on the gate, however I soon noticed my parts from my green tailgate won't work on the blue one.

The blue one doesn't have those upper alignment fingers, and it looks like it had the release latches and tailgate arm pin all in one bracket...??

So what year is this gate I've got? The green one is a 76, same year as my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Gents, I picked up a tailgate and hood, near the same blue as my dually, tonight I'd planned on putting on the gate, however I soon noticed my parts from my green tailgate won't work on the blue one.

The blue one doesn't have those upper alignment fingers, and it looks like it had the release latches and tailgate arm pin all in one bracket...??

So what year is this gate I've got? The green one is a 76, same year as my truck.

I always thought the one with the pegs was '73-'74.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trailswwep