What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
It came with the dust collector from HF. But they vented it outside. The factory fan that came on top of the cabinet works great, but I have no collection source. I'm debating whether to cut a hole in my shop wall and vent it out the back, or into a bucket of some sort

If you do not climate control your shop space, or don’t mind losing conditioned air, venting outside is fine.

However, with a cyclone separator and a quality filter, like a Wynn environmental or Donaldson class 8 truck filter (what I use on my dust collector in the Woodshop) it should actually make the air in your space “cleaner” (lower particle count) than without it.

The stock filter bags that come on most dust collectors will work, but are not the correct micron rating for collecting the fines properly.

Have fun with that added capability though. Having a good blasting setup is almost like cheating, cleaner parts with less work.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Doppleganger what brand and where did you get it??^^^^^^
Vevor - on Amazon. We never buy at the jungle but my neighbor has deliveries at their house 3-5x a week....get discounts, free ship, etc. so I have them order it for me. lol

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you do not climate control your shop space, or don’t mind losing conditioned air, venting outside is fine.

However, with a cyclone separator and a quality filter, like a Wynn environmental or Donaldson class 8 truck filter (what I use on my dust collector in the Woodshop) it should actually make the air in your space “cleaner” (lower particle count) than without it.

The stock filter bags that come on most dust collectors will work, but are not the correct micron rating for collecting the fines properly.

Have fun with that added capability though. Having a good blasting setup is almost like cheating, cleaner parts with less work.
After having a cyclone - I couldn't be without one now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bres1990