What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Why the weird trailblazer PS system instead of just the stock PS pump from the original motor? The pulley shaft(and pump as far as I can tell) are identical between my original K25 PS pump and the one on my 2011 Burb and the L9H donor motor I bought. They were all interchangeable.
Can you use a small block PS pump on an LS bracket? I don't think you can. But that's what the motor came with, it's out of an '06 Envoy Denali. Was originally gonna use an LS truck pump but found out the whole alt/PS bracket is different, the bolt pattern is different for the pumps. I think I will source a truck bracket and convert it in the future though. I never considered failed motor mounts/sagging and causing that problem when I built the truck

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
I'm down to the cab on body work. Pulled most of the interior and looks pretty good. Must have been a bad day when this truck ran across the seam seal people... its everywhere its not supposed to go and not in the seams. Cleaning that up and cleaned up some pitting around the door jamb area and a pillar. Pulled the windshield as a last thing I did and .... rusted out spots in both lower corners. the pinch weld is solid so I have some more patching to do.... maybe one day I'll get this thing ready for paint.

truck is in primer!! hopefully this weekend I can get the interior and jambs painted. I'm going back with the original two tone pint scheme so that's going to be painful with all the masking and tapeing that I'm setting myself up for.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Can you use a small block PS pump on an LS bracket? I don't think you can. But that's what the motor came with, it's out of an '06 Envoy Denali. Was originally gonna use an LS truck pump but found out the whole alt/PS bracket is different, the bolt pattern is different for the pumps. I think I will source a truck bracket and convert it in the future though. I never considered failed motor mounts/sagging and causing that problem when I built the truck
I don't think GM has changed the pump body in 30 or 40 years. They just stick the same pump body into a different case. Maybe they are just so close to being the same that I assumed they are identical? I have the original one from my 1980 K25 and one from the 97 K2500 Big block that I have absolutely interchanged parts on and they bolted right up. The one I have on my bench from the suburban looks 100% identical, but maybe they have a slightly different bolt pattern and thread.. not sure. Your front bracket looks just like mine and seems like it would just bolt right up.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I actually had RemFlex's on there this last time and straight up had blown them out, like a chunk was missing. The flanges on these things may be warped at this point, I'll check them for flatness and maybe replace them when the motor comes out in the off season. I never had a problem when I originally built the truck with MLS gaskets, went 2.5yrs without changing gaskets but it had a flex coupler in that exhaust system. Idk if it's that or the mileage/heat finally warping them
That's the first time I've EVER heard of someone blowing out remflex gaskets. I had an exhaust leak on the stock manifolds because I had the dreaded rear bolt broken off in the head on the passenger side where you couldn't get to it to extract it. I used some ICT billet bolts and remflex gaskets on that without a rear bolt and it sealed right up until I did the motor swap. I even reused the remflex gaskets on the new motor with the cheap speed engineering headers and haven't had a single leak. I do have a flex joint in my system.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

From what I remember, the vortec 350 pump and reservoir is the very same as what was used in the LS pickups the following years. I don't remember about the pulley though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2wdtony