What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Don't go side terminal, you'll regret it. If you have it in the tray an properly secured, it will be fine. They sell rubber covers for top post terminals as well. Many racing sanctioning bodies require them.

Second that. Having side terminals, I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to convert to top post, but I wouldn't go the other way in a million years.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What is everyone's hatred for side terminal batteries? I've owned some 60 vehicles, most of them with side terminals. No gripes here at all.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
What is everyone's hatred for side terminal batteries? I've owned some 60 vehicles, most of them with side terminals. No gripes here at all.

When it strips out, your screwed. Hard to clean corrosion off, hard to add circuits too an keep it clean looking, they never seem to stay tight. I'm sure there's more but that's what I got right now...

My main hatred for them is from GMT400 trucks and the dual cable positive they had. Those are where I've mostly had issues. I generally swap the ends to ring terminals an get a stud conversion thing but I still don't like it lol

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
When it strips out, your screwed. Hard to clean corrosion off, hard to add circuits too an keep it clean looking, they never seem to stay tight. I'm sure there's more but that's what I got right now...

My main hatred for them is from GMT400 trucks and the dual cable positive they had. Those are where I've mostly had issues. I generally swap the ends to ring terminals an get a stud conversion thing but I still don't like it lol
Dad did a bolt and jam nut setup on the positive cable on our OBS Burb. I need to do that with the crew cab, it's tried to strand us yesterday cause it was loose. I keep a 5/16" gear wrench in the passenger side door pocket for that purpose!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grebber