What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dexcool does not play well with other coolants.... It was designed to be changed every few years, and problems arise when it stays in too long or gets mixed. Stuff in my crew cab is icky looking, but until it's water pump and hose time, it doesn't leak so it's staying.
My 03 still has the Dexcool that originally came in the truck.
I've added around a quart twice over the years, and it still looks good. Only has 78,000 miles on it.
Still has the original water pump and stat in it too.
I've thought about changing it, but that would be askin for the pump or stat go out.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
My 03 still has the Dexcool that originally came in the truck.
I've added around a quart twice over the years, and it still looks good. Only has 78,000 miles on it.
Still has the original water pump and stat in it too.
I've thought about changing it, but that would be askin for the pump or stat go out.
I believe GM recommends changing at 5 year intervals. My 04, with around 55k had an overheating issue hauling my travel trailer so I drained and refilled. I also did some other maintenance like cleaning the cooling stack, it definitely runs cooler after the needed maintenance.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Did it ever have something other than Dexcool added to it?
I'm not sure, I haven't even owned it even a year yet an it was like that when I got it.

I would assume someone just kept topping it off or let it get low an the process started then. Dex an low levels/air don't play well either.

Personally anything I get with dexcool pretty quickly gets a flush an switched over to the green stuff. Just wasnt able to do that one this. Fortunately the parts for those cars are cheap an with wholesale close outs an patience it cost me less than $300 to replace everything on it thats coolant system related.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, k30, k20, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350, 350
4wd swap almost done, well the front axle anyways. It's all downhill from here. Got the parking brake cable holder sections cut out, cut some plates, beveled edges, and got to welding and grinding. Need the engine mount crossmember and mount plates.

Got the main holes drilled for both hangers, got one hanger drilled completely and mocked up, have to finish the mounting holes on the other side, get it mocked. Then pull the back half apart get the frame and parts cleaned and painted then final install.

There's basically zero weight on the springs so the rear hangers will become more vertical. The measurement from ORD was 46.5 inches from main eye. Then since I'm building it, you have a little wiggle room with the final fit. Canted like factory, slightly less. But this hanger doesn't necessarily have to be as precise. I did take long time and measured many times.

Those aren't the bolts or bushing or springs I'm using either. May have to clearance the inner frame rail slightly. We'll see with the offset bushings I have for the dodge Dana 60.
You must be registered for see images attach

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I'm not sure, I haven't even owned it even a year yet an it was like that when I got it.

I would assume someone just kept topping it off or let it get low an the process started then. Dex an low levels/air don't play well either.

Personally anything I get with dexcool pretty quickly gets a flush an switched over to the green stuff. Just wasnt able to do that one this. Fortunately the parts for those cars are cheap an with wholesale close outs an patience it cost me less than $300 to replace everything on it thats coolant system related.
Same, I hate that Dexcool crap. I've seen people claim that the green stuff can cause corrosion issues in aluminum blocks but until my green starts to turn brown, I don't believe that a bit.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Still sanding, and welded 25 holes in the bed, makes nearly 70 total since I started working on the box. Welded the torque washers too. Hopefully coated in bed liner by month end.

Attachments

• IMG_3782.jpeg
    IMG_3782.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3781.jpeg
    IMG_3781.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 25

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Updates on the wood sides. Just have a few more coats to put on and final assembly

Man that truck is such a beauty!

Oldbear42

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 LWB Scottsdale
Engine Size
B double E double R, U, N
And now the song is playing on the computer. It's a little too early to leave for the liquor store right now, but it is a sunny +30C day here in central Alberta. And I bet I could convince others to knock off early and head to the river.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
And now the song is playing on the computer. It's a little too early to leave for the liquor store right now, but it is a sunny +30C day here in central Alberta. And I bet I could convince others to knock off early and head to the river.
86*F, not bad, much better than 100*+F

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Crazy temps y'all are getting up there in the Northland. Buddy on the OBS forum lives out from Edmonton and it's supposed to be 93°F this weekend, then 95 Monday and 99 Tuesday. That's Texas temps!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Crazy temps y'all are getting up there in the Northland. Buddy on the OBS forum lives out from Edmonton and it's supposed to be 93°F this weekend, then 95 Monday and 99 Tuesday. That's Texas temps!
Tuesday was hottest day of the year in RVA so far 98°. Seemed to be normal July temp in SC as I recall in my youth. Southeast humidity has always made it more intense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually