What are these holes for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
I got new inner fenders for my 85 k10 and like the old ones they have holes for something at the bottom of the cab end of the inner fender.
The old ones have long sheet metal screws in the holes but nothing attached to them. did they have a mud flap or something?
See the arrows at the bottom of pic, Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Thanks joe. I've never seen one before, but it would be a good idea to shield the cabs underside.
And nice truck

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Ok so I've never seen this shield before until Jgonick posted a pic of one. Then an hour later I'm looking at an online catalog from AMD and BAM there they are. Weird how that works

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Is there anyone who replaced inner fenders and "plugged" the unused holes. the fenders have extra holes for jack/lug wrench and other things I am sure. Anyone find a way to plug these unused holes?
thinking small rubber grommets?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Is there anyone who replaced inner fenders and "plugged" the unused holes. the fenders have extra holes for jack/lug wrench and other things I am sure. Anyone find a way to plug these unused holes?
thinking small rubber grommet

do you want them plugged so they dont appear to have anything or so that they dont pass water? Because simple bolts and nuts then hit with paint would work, cut the extra bit of the bolts off. Also, you could use a filler like for the body, not ideal but would work. You could also use epoxy. If I had clean metal and I just wanted it shut for appearance, I would use epoxy. You could also use sheet metal and rivet or screw over it , you could also probaly epoxy a piece of sheet metal. welding would work. The holes are small, I would just do epoxy and hit with paint once cured

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Personally, id leave the holes alone. They have clean, painted edges and shouldn't cause an issue. If you put a plug, bolt, etc. you created a place to trap dirt and water and will eventually rust.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
thinking small rubber grommets?

Mig welds and body filler work pretty good getting rid of fender holes...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdan