Wanting Led upgrade throughout while keeping stock look... Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken85

Reaction score
First Name
A
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I switched all four corners of my 85 over. I used the LMC after market fender lights, they work better than other options. One thing that you have to know since you are replacing your marker and brake/blinker bulb, know that all bulbs are not made the same. The problem that I found is that most LEDs are not built with two circuits meaning a high and a low circuit. They are built with one circuit with two power settings. The only issue this causes is that when you turn on your marker lights, your dash indicators will also glow because you are getting power bleed across the bulb to the blinker circuit. It just erks me, but doesn’t affect function. If anyone has a line on a two circuit LED bulb (colored bulbs preferred) please pass it on. Admittedly, I am only using bulbs I found on Amazon so I didn’t do a ton of research, but I spent way to much time with a test light and multimeter to figure out what the issue is. The blinkers and reverse lights all have brilliant and a bright color. No complaint there. I left the headlights stock.

As mentioned before, don’t forget to change the flasher relay. There are two. One for the blinker and one for the hazards.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Dapper Lighting. Headlights look exactly like OEM Halogens only LED's. Plug and play, no relays, etc...
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Close, but I think holley wins here in the "appearance" of stock , because that first one is what I assume you mean. not bad options tho

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I switched all four corners of my 85 over. I used the LMC after market fender lights, they work better than other options. One thing that you have to know since you are replacing your marker and brake/blinker bulb, know that all bulbs are not made the same. The problem that I found is that most LEDs are not built with two circuits meaning a high and a low circuit. They are built with one circuit with two power settings. The only issue this causes is that when you turn on your marker lights, your dash indicators will also glow because you are getting power bleed across the bulb to the blinker circuit. It just erks me, but doesn’t affect function. If anyone has a line on a two circuit LED bulb (colored bulbs preferred) please pass it on. Admittedly, I am only using bulbs I found on Amazon so I didn’t do a ton of research, but I spent way to much time with a test light and multimeter to figure out what the issue is. The blinkers and reverse lights all have brilliant and a bright color. No complaint there. I left the headlights stock.

As mentioned before, don’t forget to change the flasher relay. There are two. One for the blinker and one for the hazards.

There are two circuit LED's used for turn/tail/stop situations, I use them in my park avenue's tail light for stop/tail, the body glows 360 while a direct rear facing part shines with the body when stopping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taij20