The Best Carburetor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I'm sorry they refuse to let us in on the secret. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
No secret, I just don't know of a link that has everything. I rebuilt my first Qjet about 1980 and just kept learning as time went on. Doug Roe I bought his book because everyone kept talking about it. It's a good book to learn 44 years worth of hard learned stuff in a week. Online any posts you can find from Lars at digital corvettes will be good information. Now as to the Edelbrock stuff people don't realize it's a repop. of a 1964 Carter AFB c. Stock 300hp 327 carb NBD Chevrolet replaced them with the Qjet in 1965 and kept updating them until 1986. So in my opinion a 2nd generation Qjet your starting point is 10 years more advanced plus any updates after that point..
Fun fact 1977 ish. My go to was old Impala carbureators and a torker manifold, then it was Holleys,then it was Qjets.

Last edited:

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I was hoping you would post some of those "tricks" you mentioned

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I was hoping you would post some of those "tricks" you mentioned
Best tips are going to be check your your primary throttle bushings,they probably need rebushed,if you don't have the tools,don't want to by the tools,redrilling the body makes you nervous,I can tell you how to make cheater slip in Teflon bushings. Make sure you clean all the passages and emulsion tubes. I have a collection of cut up guitar strings for doing this. Always replace the float,use a non windowed needle and seat and test it. Modify for adjustable apt. Make sure timings right get your idle right first,then jet primaries,then jet secondary. Learn to set the tension on the secondary air doors.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Wow, no one has said anything about a Edelbrock AVS2 carb. I'm really leaning into getting one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rooster95