TH350 shifting troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caeadiel

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
After getting the transfer case issue figured out(grinding going into park, needed gaskets replaced and fluid topped off), I am now having issues shifting. Sometimes shifting from park to reverse it will go, with a clunk, but sometimes I’ll need to shift to drive, then try shifting back to reverse and it’ll engage, again with a clunk. Sometimes I’ll have to keep trying to get it to go. While driving there are no issues with it shifting from 1st to 2nd and so on. Just want to know what would be the fix here? Rebuild trans or what? I did check the fluid level and it looked fine.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
After getting the transfer case issue figured out(grinding going into park, needed gaskets replaced and fluid topped off), I am now having issues shifting. Sometimes shifting from park to reverse it will go, with a clunk, but sometimes I’ll need to shift to drive, then try shifting back to reverse and it’ll engage, again with a clunk. Sometimes I’ll have to keep trying to get it to go. While driving there are no issues with it shifting from 1st to 2nd and so on. Just want to know what would be the fix here? Rebuild trans or what? I did check the fluid level and it looked fine.
Check your external shift linkage for anything loose, etc. If nothing out of the ordinary is observed, drop the pan and see if you have a bunch of burnt clutch material at the bottom...If so, it's likely the remains of your low reverse clutch pack. Trans would have to come out for overhaul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taij20