Straight pipe question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patchesmcgee

Reaction score
First Name
pat
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a 81 k10 350, true duals, if i was to just cut off my mufflers would i have to adjust the carb? Also I've heard the old tale it would damage my valves.... how true is that? id still have about 3foot of pipe from where the cut would be at from the shorty headers.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I have a 81 k10 350, true duals, if i was to just cut off my mufflers would i have to adjust the carb? Also I've heard the old tale it would damage my valves.... how true is that? id still have about 3foot of pipe from where the cut would be at from the shorty headers.
You won't hurt anything except your ears. Unlikely to help anything either though unless they are completely clogged up. Why would you want to just run straight pipes?

patchesmcgee

Reaction score
First Name
pat
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You won't hurt anything except your ears. Unlikely to help anything either though unless they are completely clogged up. Why would you want to just run straight p
Ill end up having pipe welded back in where the mufflers were in a few weeks, i just like loud plus i have no neighbors and co-workers to annoy lol.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Imho, straight exhaust on a stock or relatively stock engine tends to sound terrible. You may find it annoying in short order.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doolin