Steering Gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danzey

Reaction score
First Name
Danzey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Looking at the Borgeson quick turn steering gear for my k10.

$500 is pricey but not concerned. What about redhead and new brands available on rock auto?

Also doing new pump and will inspect frame for cracks and address if need be.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I used the Borgeson on my ‘75 GMC, and it seems to be well made. Haven’t had it that long, but it seems to track really well on the highway. Shaft is relatively easy to install, but with splines on both ends you have to measure to make sure your steering box and steering wheel are centered on each other. Much easier with it on jack stands and wheels off the ground.

I also replaced the steering shaft, and that got complicated because mine is an older truck. New Borgeson boxes have a splined fitting that matches the newer trucks (79 and up?). A direct shaft replacement for a ‘75 has a different spline count and fitting size because it matches the old ‘75 box. To match the new box I needed either a new rag joint or a new later model shaft, so I got the complete new shaft.

Had to call Borgeson to make sure I got the right item. They then told me to order from Summit or Jegs because they it’s discounted a little, and would also have free shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Russo