Rear axle seal questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Foust

Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
1978 and 1980
Truck Model
K30's
Engine Size
400?
Did some searching and really didn't see an answer to this so I figured I'd ask as I'm sure some have gone through this. Both hub seals are leaking and it's a 1978 K30 14 bolt full floater with a 10 1/2" ring gear. spindle hub DOES have some grooving. When I regeared it 10 years ago I moved the new seal some from where the other was to get a true surface. I guess it too has now wore one is as it's starting to fling oil again. I have not tore it apart yet but want to gather parts. Is it best to go with the new style 2 piece seals? SKF 28635 part number that I have been told? My main question is should I install a Speedi sleeve on the surface as well or is it not needed with these seals? Is it better to just go with Speedi sleeve and original style seal? Any part # for the speedi sleeve? I had 99282 but local store says their list says it's not correct. This is on a show truck that is driven quite a bit so I don't want any leaks. Thanks for any input.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88slvrpony