QJet Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 on its way to a K2500
Engine Size
I'm in the middle of a QJet rebuild and have a couple of questions.

The carb that I'm using does not have electric mixture control (blue connector on air horn) but it's missing the black plastic insert that is shown being used in place of the mixture adjusting solenoid. Is this insert needed or something that would have sometimes been left out at the factory? Not sure if the carb has been apart in the past to know if a PO just discarded it.

How do I check the electric choke for proper operation? Can I use a battery charger etc. to apply power and see what it does?

Thanks for the help.

JoeR Jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0/4L80E
From the sound of it, you have a carb that pre-dates the MC Solenoid. If so, there's no cutout for the solenoid. No insert is missing.

Unless the choke coil is physically damaged or corroded, it's unlikely that it's bad. But yes, you can put 12V to it and watch it move.

Joe

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 on its way to a K2500
Engine Size
no cutout for the solenoid. No insert is missing.

Thanks for the reply. My QJet has a hole that the solenoid would have fit into, right now it's just an empty space that is open to the float cavity. Some of the carbs I've seen online have a black plastic cup that fits down into the hole to fill the space.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasduster