Mystery Tachometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frickenbored

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7L
Hi everyone, after a ridiculous amount of online research and coming up with absolutely nothing I decided to join a forum and hope that someone else has seen this gauge before. So I'm in the process of "restoring" my 1986 Chevy K10 Scottsdale, after 8 long years I've finally found the time to install the engine I rebuilt 5 years ago and the transmission I rebuilt 2 years ago. The truck now runs and drives and to my surprise all of the factory gauges actually work, they just needed to be hooked up to sending units. I've got the voltmeter, temp, oil pressure, clock, and fuel gauge working and I have my eye on the factory tach now.

This tachometer has the fuel gauge built into it, I can't find anything about this gauge anywhere, it's like it doesn't exist. Every gauge cluster I've ever seen either has the large fuel gauge next to the speedometer or they have a single tachometer and a small fuel gauge where the clock is. I haven't actually pulled the cluster yet to see how the tach is wired, for now I'm just super curious as to where this gauge came from.

Also, this truck has the body of a 1986 C10 and the frame/drivetrain of a 1975 K10 but these gauges look like the 1980s style to me.

(sorry for the crappy pictures, it's a pretty sunny day)

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's from a medium duty truck. A nice upgrade if it still works, imho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrund1