K25 ON A K10 FRAME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpilon

Reaction score
First Name
meli
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra custom deluxe K25
Engine Size
hi! i bought a 1976 gmc sierra K25 with a 350 manual transmission with a low-1-2-3-R am curently trying to rebuilt the truck because my frame is not in good shape, i ve found a 1975 K10 frame thats have a TH350 with a 350, am trying to see if i can use this frame ( the K10) and put my mecanic on it. i know the wheel base is not the same because mine (K25) have a long box and the K10 have a short wheelbase but i can deal with that.
is there anyone who know if it will fit on it,,,

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Everything from the cab forward will bolt on but there are some things that will need to be addressed;

- obviously you'll need a short bed
- you'll probably need 16 gal tanks, I do not believe the longer 20 gal tanks will fit a swb
- rear driveshaft will need to be shortened
- the tcase crossmember will fit but have to be relocated since the trans/tcase combos are different lengths.
- rear wiring harness length (shorten or tie up the excess)
- rear frame brake tube length
- rear spring lengths are different

mpilon

Reaction score
First Name
meli
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
thanks

mpilon

Reaction score
First Name
meli
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Everything from the cab forward will bolt on but there are some things that will need to be addressed;

- obviously you'll need a short bed
- you'll probably need 16 gal tanks, I do not believe the longer 20 gal tanks will fit a swb
- rear driveshaft will need to be shortened
- the tcase crossmember will fit but have to be relocated since the trans/tcase combos are different lengths.
- rear wiring harness length (shorten or tie up the excess)
- rear frame brake tube length
- rear spring lengths are different
i waswondering if the frame durability is the same, like is the K25 one more strong, i wanna do an off road truck with it do i need to add plate to make it stronger

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Technically, I've read that some 20 series frames are thicker but we're talking about MM's not a significant amount. Anything that will damage a 10 series frame will damage a 20 series frame.

You can always box, reinforce, etc but there's a domino effect that's hard to stop. I would highly recommend both a steering box brace and a weld on reinforcement plate kit, 99.9% of square body frames are cracked or will crack at the steering box so these will be money well spent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy