Just advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaydubb350

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Glad you got it and have corrected some things. I suggest starting a new thread for this truck with a copy and paste of your post #23 and beyond as the start, and post up pics as you go so we can see what you're seeing.

Compression check, tune up, oil change, flush cooling system, change anything you can think of that isn't working properly and that hasn't already been changed. The pvc popping out sounds like blowby to me
I am worried about it being blowby definitely getting a tune up and I'm check the valve lash right now the coolant will be next but I'm just mainly trying to figure out this runnability issue before I do anything else I'm hoping it's just gonna be valve lash and a tune up being the cure I was really concerned with it have a wiped can love but they all have significant travel when I inspected them. I'm gonna keep chugging along with it I can't find my darn timing light I need to do that and readjust the carb after I buy a vacuum gauge.

YakkoWarner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I'd consider throwing a compression check at it while you have the plugs out. If you're getting low compression or a lot of leakdown on one or more cylinders, that may be an indication of time for a ring job (which would also explain the blow-by).

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Post #9 it says run compression,because everything else is pointless if you don't have compression and find out why. Check compression,I'll bet you have at least 1 cylinder down. And I'm guessing you need at least 1 piston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REK1