Hydro Clutch Pedal Assembly...from an S10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Howdy boys and girl.

I'm super close to having my NV4500 swap ready to go. I think the last bit I'm missing is the pedal assembly. I'm aware of several "add a pedal" options and fabricating a z bar set up would not be crazy hard I'm sure.... but would really like to find the real deal that is direct bolt in and go.

Here is the question. Ive found several hydro clutch set ups out of the same vintage S10 Blazers. I would assume it was....smaller.... But, from what I can tell they look nearly identical. Is there any chance that somebody familiar could verify? I don't have access to a S10. And ive found Jack squat on the subject here on the interwebs.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Howdy boys and girl.

I'm super close to having my NV4500 swap ready to go. I think the last bit I'm missing is the pedal assembly. I'm aware of several "add a pedal" options and fabricating a z bar set up would not be crazy hard I'm sure.... but would really like to find the real deal that is direct bolt in and go.

Here is the question. Ive found several hydro clutch set ups out of the same vintage S10 Blazers. I would assume it was....smaller.... But, from what I can tell they look nearly identical. Is there any chance that somebody familiar could verify? I don't have access to a S10. And ive found Jack squat on the subject here on the interwebs.
Interesting idea. I Wonder how close they are too.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Unless the steering column, dash and firewall are the same, they ain't the same. Possible some fab work might make them work but your back to square one. If you plan on using vacuum brakes, let me know, I know somebody..;)
I assume you know that only 85-87 had hydraulic, not mechanical linkage? However, it bolts right in, you just have to locate and drill the holes for the support rods.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
^This. They're definitely not the same.

Idk what your budget is but Level 7 Motorsports sells a whole clutch/brake pedal box package that's ready to go. I've got it in my '85 and it's awesome.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I used the z-bar pedal an put a wilwood master in the speedometer cable hole. It was a straight shot to the pedal an worked great.

You must be registered for see images attach
Didn't you do a write up on this that he could read?

vr1967

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Virgil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
6.2L turbo
^This. They're definitely not the same.

Idk what your budget is but Level 7 Motorsports sells a whole clutch/brake pedal box package that's ready to go. I've got it in my '85 and it's awesome.
Wow, for a few hundred less than what Level 7 wants, i’d sell the whole setup I plan to pull out of my truck, to include the pedals, bell, 4 speed trans, clutch, and tilt standard trans column.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Wow, for a few hundred less than what Level 7 wants, i’d sell the whole setup I plan to pull out of my truck, to include the pedals, bell, 4 speed trans, clutch, and tilt standard trans column.
Pm me the specifics. 2wd 4wd what trans,what year,how much

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Wait...what??? Do you realize that tilt, manual column is more rare than an honest politician?

vr1967

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Virgil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
6.2L turbo
Pm me the specifics. 2wd 4wd what trans,what year,how much
PM sent

Wait...what??? Do you realize that tilt, manual column is more rare than an honest politician?
Yes I realize that. I’ve never had a daily driver with an automatic in 40 plus years of driving, having 3/4 & 1 tons, usually with aftermarket clutches, which were stiffer even with hydraulics. Plus, my left knee needs replaced. Sold my last gooseneck trailer a while back, so plan to sell my 3/4t Dodge Megacab 4wd (5.9/6speed) and may sell my 88 crew srw 4wd (its torn apart at the moment)

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
So....i scored pretty big....i think.

I just got this fully functional Sm465 w/ NP208 & shafts for $800 fairly local. But....it also came with this....

So....my issues are solved. I think I'm going to rebuild the assembly while its out.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
I used the z-bar pedal an put a wilwood master in the speedometer cable hole. It was a straight shot to the pedal an worked great.

So....if you do have a write up on this....i would love to see it. We are likely going to be buying a k30 in the months to come and I doubt I get so lucky twice. Was your swap a 2wd swap? I think I could keep my speedo cable on a K model no? The cable inserts in the tcase I thought? Regardless....prob easier to drill new hole for cable than to line up Master Cylinder stroke.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
So....if you do have a write up on this....i would love to see it. We are likely going to be buying a k30 in the months to come and I doubt I get so lucky twice. Was your swap a 2wd swap? I think I could keep my speedo cable on a K model no? The cable inserts in the tcase I thought? Regardless....prob easier to drill new hole for cable than to line up Master Cylinder stroke.
I linked my writeup above in post #9. It was 2wd but the pedal and hydraulic dont care about that.

Yes if your keep a mech speedometer I would reroute the cable an drill another hole for it. The way I did it the hydraulic master really won't work as well anywhere else.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good start. Replace the plastic bushings in the cross pins. I can see the post on the pedal is highly worn. You should weld that up and file it down so it's somewhat back to normal. I went full on nuclear with mine. Machined new stainless steel larger diameter crosspins, heat treated and polished. 1/4" thick nylon bushings and replaced the pushrod post with a 7/16" bolt. Cut the end of the master cylinder pushrod and welded on a 7/16" rid end. I have zero, play or deflection but more importantly I'll never have to deal with it again. I'm too old to be working under the dash at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually