Hydro Clutch Pedal Assembly...from an S10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Whats wrong with your crossmember?

You must be registered for see images attach

It mounts the same as the W but it doesnt drop on both sides
Well this crossmember started life as a W. And in order to work with my current exhaust set up....I need the "OE" W for sure. Being pushed up like that makes it hit the exhaust on the driver side.

Edit: And hits in in a fashion that I could not remedy easily. Would require the reworking of most of the driver side exhaust. deff cant afford that

Last edited:

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Once the needle bearing style wear out it ruins the input shaft. Yours looks like it's been cleaned up to hide the damage. I wouldn't use anything but a bronze bushing when you get it fixed.
Thanks for the tip. Ill search one out. Have a particular brand that you recommend? Any chance you know the P/N? Any time saving help like that is greatly appreciated.

Looking at replacement input shafts.....gladly accepting recommendations in that regard as well.

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The last bushing I used was a Pioneer brand I believe. Been awhile though. Local store should have em in stock

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Well this crossmember started life as a W. And in order to work with my current exhaust set up....I need the "OE" W for sure. Being pushed up like that makes it hit the exhaust on the driver side.

Edit: And hits in in a fashion that I could not remedy easily. Would require the reworking of most of the driver side exhaust. deff cant afford that
Flip it around and just turn the mount/adapter around, or do you have duals?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Torque King is the "go to" for quality NV4500 parts.

I opted for a "Quality" bearing over a bronze bushing. I have my reasons, living in the desert with fine dust being one of them.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Well....I would say it's a little out of spec. SMH

Just added that guy to my "when society collapses" list. Lets see if he honors the "warranty" this thing came with.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
First picture you are using the calipers wrong. Measure down the jaws not in the relief area.

Down here-

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I would expect the relief area of the jaws to be about .04-.05 (total), so probably around .580-.590 not .540.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
First picture you are using the calipers wrong. Measure down the jaws not in the relief area

Good catch. Does make a big difference. But I still think it's out.

Im still capable of rocking both pilot bearings ive got (LUK and Doorman) back n forth on the input shaft. In the videos ive seen where guys are installing for explaining the difference between bushings and bearings there is not even a wiggle. Guess I'll make / post a youtube short so folks can see what I'm talking about.

But.... I just went ahead and pulled the top off. Absolutely could not get the input shaft cover off and was starting to mar it. Saw a couple of videos where guys used hammer from the inside.

A lot of this is what I found. Almost every gear has this kind of pitting / flaking in at least one spot. I don't think im going to put this in my truck.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
350 w/203
Finally found a video that shows some one slipping a pilot bearing on the shaft of a NV4500. Mine def has too much play. Just makes me sad that people are so willing to lie for a few extra dollars. Still going to mic it when I get back out to the shop this evening.....But I knew in my gut the moment I slipped it on the shaft that was too much play
Do you mind posting a link to that video? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy