How would you make this truck less ugly??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
My truck had a lot of surface rust, paint was really faded but I bought the truck without a tailgate. I got one at a junk yard but a brown tailgate on a blue truck annoyed me. I tried some rattle can paint, but just didn't really hold up. A lot of the roads and trails are so narrow with tree overgrowth I didn't like the massive amount of pinstriping on it. And the surface rust would just come back thru the paint within a year.

So 10 years ago I went to the Monstaliner website and found a blue darker to the OEM color my truck used to be. I was going to do the truck is two segments- first the bed, then later the cab/front. I prepped the bed. Ground it down, used their silver chassis coverage (a lot of aluminum in it) and then mixed up the blue bed liner and applied with a roller. I did several coats on it then realized how much extra I had left over. I quickly did a 10 minute sand job on the whole cab, wiped down with rubbing alcohol and rolled the bed liner on the cab also. I didn't even have time to pull a lot of the trim.

It is just now starting to peel on just a few small spots on the cab. It is very hard to notice any pin striping from the trees. Almost no rock chips on it. I started getting rust on the front fenders so I did some tasteful trimming to remove it.

full

full

And this is still how it looks now. It is dirty- as it really doesn't get washed except for the rain.

full

Many colors to choose from- link

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy