Gun Rack Spacing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
How far apart are your gun rack bars mounted? I'm referring to the brackets that bridge the rear window opening.

I got a rack from @bigcountry78 awhile back, and now I'm thinking that I need to get it mounted before I go grouse hunting in a couple weeks. I haven't made time to install my slider window, so I want to be sure that wherever I mount the rack will still work with the slider.

Please let me know how far apart your gun racks are mounts. I'm mainly intending to use it will full length shotguns, if it makes a difference.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I dunno about spacing, but make sure the hooks are not behind your head.

My buddies truck came with one that was super obnoxious as we both were hitting our heads on them.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The spacing should depend on the rifle/shotguns you're putting in it. Usually they rest upside down so one side would fit in the curve behind the trigger. The other wouldn't matter as much as its relatively flat along the top of the barrel/stock. It gets complicated when you throw AR's in there as they come in all shapes/sizes. I grew up with having guns in the window. I was surprised it is now illegal in most places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Handled